Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is Parrot sending Bebop 2 Power batteries with Bebop 2's intentionally??

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
I decided to get another battery, so I got out my battery to get the exact model and noticed it was indeed a Power battery. Looking at my drone, it doesn't say Power anywhere, and I don't have the Power 'dronies' so I'm pretty sure it's just a blue led bb2. So now I guess I'm buying another Power battery, and maybe the correct Power charger? I read here somewhere you can't get a full charge on the Power battery without it. If anyone knows exactly which charger I need lmk, I'd appreciate it greatly, so far I haven't had much luck finding anything unique or different for the Power.20190112_152424.jpg20190112_152704.jpg

I just found this on the Parrot website:

"This battery must only be used with Parrot Bebop 2 Power, Parrot Bebop-Pro 3D Modeling and Parrot Bebop-Pro Thermal and no other Parrot drone or device."

I guess it's time to call support and ask if my drones going to blow up using this battery.

I had sent back my BB2P because of a motor failure which resulted in a crash. Parrot required that I only send the drone back, I even verified it by phone, and they sent me a BB2 Pro setup complete with 3 batteries, 2 chargers and the backpack. The BB2 Pro comes with 32gb of on board memory. I was completely stoked. Parrot CS has never let me down. Love my new BB2 Pro and Anafi.

Attachments

• 100000370119.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 24
I had sent back my BB2P because of a motor failure which resulted in a crash. Parrot required that I only send the drone back, I even verified it by phone, and they sent me a BB2 Pro setup complete with 3 batteries, 2 chargers and the backpack. The BB2 Pro comes with 32gb of on board memory. I was completely stoked. Parrot CS has never let me down. Love my new BB2 Pro and Anafi.
When you say Bebop 2 Pro do you mean Bebop 2 Power?

So that was fun. I called Parrot support and they confirmed it was a mistake, get solution was "take it back to best buy." I told her best buy (ag least this one) doesn't have any BB2s anymore. Her response was "maybe you can find one on Amazon" in other words, kiss off, you're stuck with it. I saidso thats it? She said yes sir. On top of that, best buy didn't want to refund my money either! Finally after talking to a manager, I ended up with store credit, minus a 15% restocking fee. Needless to sayI'm lead than happy with Parrot, I'm no longer even considering the Anafe, as a matter of fact, I'm getting ready togo and buy an Autel Evo. Kiss that Parrot!!! >80(

I don't know why they are saying it's a mistake, there a plenty of peoples on this forum that are receiving the same thing.
It look like it's the last version they are selling now

POWER battery is perfectly fine to use with non-power Bebop2. It's a higher mAh, not voltage, it can't harm anything.

You only need a POWER charger in order to have the proper cut-off mAh so you can fully charge it.

You got a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

Reactions: AllenP
Where were you guys yesterday!? Seriously though, it sayson their website notto use it with any other drone... and honestly I can't see how it won't burn it up eventually, it's not just volts, it's running higher amperage than what its designed to use, correct? Idk, I'm no expert, I do know that she saidit was a mistake and thatit would damage it, and having foresight from many issues like this in the past, I recorded the call. At any rate, I just bought an evo, let's see how my luck is worth this. 20190114_173134.jpg

Good luck with the Evo.

And no, it still wouldn't have damaged it, just as having a larger gas tank in a car won't damage it (mAh is a rating of capacity).

I was hoping to get one of the hybrid POWER Bebop2 units, but our Best Buy sold out before I could grab one.

My Bebop2 fpv came with a blue light and BB2 Power battery in Australia, and it has been flying fine

Where were you guys yesterday!? Seriously though, it sayson their website notto use it with any other drone... and honestly I can't see how it won't burn it up eventually, it's not just volts, it's running higher amperage than what its designed to use, correct? Idk, I'm no expert, I do know that she saidit was a mistake and thatit would damage it, and having foresight from many issues like this in the past, I recorded the call. At any rate, I just bought an evo, let's see how my luck is worth this. View attachment 897
Just a little follow up, I've been really impressed and happy with the Autel Evo. Ive had a few occasions to call their support and it really is as good as people say. So in the end it all worked out well. I haven't ruled out giving parrot another try, either with another bb2 or Anafi, but that'll have to be down the road a bit.

I got power battery and charger with my FPV pack, since had to purchase 5 pin charger with Skycontroller 2 lead to charge my controller and that is standard 12.6V so I will use that to charge my standard battery that I bought spare, oh I nearly forgot I also have another 12.6V battery and charger that I bought from Parrot online store last week so now have 3 batts, 3 chargers and all the leads. Think I'll maybe start up a Parrot parts Division! :ROFLMAO:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame