Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is there a way to encourage a flight data upload to the Parrot cloud service?

Mr Macaw

Reaction score
Hi - I made three four flights today. All successful and problem free. Despite leaving the app open and my mobile connected to my working home WiFi since then, the four latest flights are still, after many hours, missing that green icon, that the others have.

Is there a trick to forcing this to upload?

Hi - I made three four flights today. All successful and problem free. Despite leaving the app open and my mobile connected to my working home WiFi since then, the four latest flights are still, after many hours, missing that green icon, that the others have.

Is there a trick to forcing this to upload?
The upload process "drone -> controller" also lasts some time after a flight.
So if you had your phone active and FF6 open: was the Anafi also on and connected?

The upload process "drone -> controller" also lasts some time after a flight.
So if you had your phone active and FF6 open: was the Anafi also on and connected?

No. The flights and their data ARE visible in FF6 (which I reckon means that they have transferred to the app). It's just the upload to parrot.com that is not happening. Do I need to re-connect to Anafi for the upload to happen? Pretty sure in the past it just uploaded as soon as I was back connected to WiFi.

I have had this happen also. Sometimes it uploads right away and other times I waited for almost a whole day before they showed up. In flight data manager program he talks about this problem even with the Bebops so it seems to be a Parrot server problem. Here is what Kenth Jensen had to say about it.

"
Missing flights from Drone Academy?

In order to get flight data to be uploaded from the Parrot Bebop to the Drone Academy, make sure to re-connect your phone / tablet / iPad to your wifi Internet after the flight is completed.

If you are using both a SkyController and a tablet / phone, Parrot have currently a bug where flight data is very often not uploaded at all.
The bug is reported to Parrot and they have acknowledged it, they are working on fixing this bug.
In the meantime the following workaround can be used:

1: After landing, keep the FreeFlight App, the Bebop and the Skycontroller running - do not press the "Record" button for stopping the recording.
2: On the Freeflight App, go to the home screen by pressing the "Back arrow" pointing to the left in the upper lefthand side of the screen, now the home screen appears and you can see that the flight data is transferred to the tablet, and will go to Drone Academy after internet connection is restored

You can now turn off the FreeFlight App, the bebop and the SkyController.

I have had this happen also. Sometimes it uploads right away and other times I waited for almost a whole day before they showed up...

Thank you for that. I'll give it another 24hrs and see how I get on. Pretty sure its at the Parrot end as well.

Well a little more on that, this morning I tried to surf the parrot site and it was down for maintenance. And just now I tried to get my fight records from the parrot cloud and I got this response
Screenshot 2018-10-29 12.01.40.png

Reactions: Mr Macaw
Currently not working for me. Flight from this afternoon not showing up anywhere at all. Logged into my Parrot account online, went to save settings and got the error message "the service is temporarily unavailable, try later". may be my flight will then appear. Problem is, its not even showing in FF6 on my iPhone which I used for flying!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame