Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sign up

Is this charger ok?

urgh not sure it uploaded right.

anyway not being an expert - this charger is from my laptop and has a type C connection.
Just so i dont blow myself up - does the output look ok? will the battery regulate it? or is it not fit for purpose.
I have used it and it took a bit over an hour - i didnt leave unattended and kept an eye on the temperature but not being used to these things im worried i might shorten the life of these expensive batteries.
 
urgh not sure it uploaded right.

anyway not being an expert - this charger is from my laptop and has a type C connection.
Just so i dont blow myself up - does the output look ok? will the battery regulate it? or is it not fit for purpose.
I have used it and it took a bit over an hour - i didnt leave unattended and kept an eye on the temperature but not being used to these things im worried i might shorten the life of these expensive batteries.

I assume you are using a "Type C' to "Type C" cable or does that charger just have a "Type C" cable coming out of it ?
From what I can see on that label, It outputs 2.0A on the 5.0V line... about the same as a "better" USB charger...If you used it and it charged the Anafi's battery in about an hour (not sure what level it was at when you put it on the charge) that's a very good time to charge the Anafi battery from aprox 10% to full.
Most 2.0 A USB chargers take aprox 90 minutes!
 
90 mins to 1 hour 40 is probably accurate - i was more bothered that the output wouldn't do any harm to the battery. From your replies I have nothing to worry about.
 
Maybe a tip if your worried about batteries.
To keep your batteries in good health leave them charged when not used.
These kind of batteries suffers when empty drained, they will harm themselves.
Not that they will explode, but unwanted chemical reactions will then can happen resulting in batteries unable to charge well.
(anodes/kathodes get sealed by unwanted chem. reactions, some people call it memory effect ).
 
Maybe a tip if your worried about batteries.
To keep your batteries in good health leave them charged when not used.
These kind of batteries suffers when empty drained, they will harm themselves.
Not that they will explode, but unwanted chemical reactions will then can happen resulting in batteries unable to charge well.
(anodes/kathodes get sealed by unwanted chem. reactions, some people call it memory effect ).

Actually your statement is not correct. A Lipo battery should never be stored with a full charge. If not using it for more then two to three days it is best to lower the voltage to around 40-60 % to bring it down to storage voltage.

1758

1759
 

New Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
5,329
Messages
45,252
Members
8,073
Latest member
ScoopHunter