Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Issue with Anafi drone not recognizing SanDisk Extreme 128GB A2

shmilo27

Reaction score
Anyone else having the same issue with Anafi drone not recognizing SanDisk Extreme 128GB A2 and showing “SD Error” in FreeFlight 6 mobile app?

This card type is listed in Parrot’s compatible micro SD cards list but their tech support team are saying this might be an issue with the new cards with app performance spec A2 that are more suited for apps running on smartphone and tablets. I tried also SanDisk Extreme 32GB A1 and that card works just fine.

This has come up again recently.
Although you get that error, can you tap/select the "SD card" icon (that is red now in your case) and then select format?

I can tap on the “SD card” red icon that says Error and all I see is blank screen of SD images. No SD card info or format option

Format your SDXC card in FAT32 on a computer. You can use the program here if your OS does not allow you to format a SDXC card in FAT32: SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC

After inserting the SDXC card in Anafi you choose to format the SD card again in Anafi by pressing the SD card icon and selecting the <FORMAT> button.

Then your SDXC card should be ready for operation.

Good luck, regards, Leif.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Format your SDXC card in FAT32 on a computer. You can use the program here if your OS does not allow you to format a SDXC card in FAT32: SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC

After inserting the SDXC card in Anafi you choose to format the SD card again in Anafi by pressing the SD card icon and selecting the <FORMAT> button.

Then your SDXC card should be ready for operation.

Good luck, regards, Leif.
Thanks Leif. I tried to format that SDXC card in FAT32 but the drone still didn’t recognize it :(

Thanks Leif. I tried to format that SDXC card in FAT32 but the drone still didn’t recognize it :(

That's not good. Have you tried and tested the card with a program like h2testw (windows) or similar on the MAC to test if the SDXC card is faulty or fake?

Unfortunately, I does not know of a program for MAC that can do a test but there are certainly MAC people present who know about one.

Regards, Leif.

Last edited:
That's not good. Have you tried and tested the card with a program like h2testw (windows) or similar on the MAC to test if the SDXC card is faulty or fake?

Unfortunately, does not know of a program for MAC that can do a test but there are certainly MAC people present who know about one.

Regards, Leif.
Thanks Leif. I am definitely going to check that. I didn’t think there was an issue with the SD card since it was recognized on my Windows PC, Android tablet and MBP.

Regards, Eran.

Thanks Leif. I am definitely going to check that. I didn’t think there was an issue with the SD card since it was recognized on my Windows PC, Android tablet and MBP.

Regards, Eran.

Anafi may find it difficult to recognize an SDXC card formatted in exFAT, which is actually the advisable formatting method for an SD card of that size. Sometimes Anafi sees such a card as defective and other times as if the card is ok but incorrectly formatted. What and why this is so I can not answer, but it is often seen that this happens. Your 32 GB card is formatted in FAT32. which is standard for a card of that size, and therefore you have no problems with it as it is the formatting Anafi uses.

Windows does not care what way an SD card is formatted as it writes in the format presented, even if it is a fake SD card of 8 GB made as if it could contain 128 GB.

The test with h2testw is the only way I know that 100% can detect a faulty or fake SD card.

Use the fastest SD card reader you have and notice the writing and reading speed at the same time. The test can take 4 hours with a slow SD card reader !!!

Regards, Leif.

... a program like h2testw (windows) or similar on the MAC to test if the SDXC card is faulty or fake?
For mac (I think they have an iphone app too). Not free.

In another forum I found that a pre-formatted card (FAT32), that could not be formatted in Anafi before, was recognized in Anafi after SC3 was switched off and Anafi connected with the smartphone over Wifi.

I finally figured it out with the help of Lucas from Parrot customer support. For anyone else that is having the same issue here is what you need to do:

Put the original SD card that came with the Anafi into the drone and power everything up (Controller, Tablet or phone, drone)
from the FreeFlight6 menu go to Gallery>SD Card>Format>Select SD card formatting type (Quick or Full) - STOP THERE
Power down JUST THE DRONE
Remove the Original SD Card
Insert New SD Card
Power on the drone
When the light on the controller is solid Blue, do a full format of the new card
Repeat from step 3, if you have multiple cards to format .... if not - GO FLY!!

I finally figured it out with the help of Lucas from Parrot customer support. For anyone else that is having the same issue here is what you need to do:

Put the original SD card that came with the Anafi into the drone and power everything up (Controller, Tablet or phone, drone)
from the FreeFlight6 menu go to Gallery>SD Card>Format>Select SD card formatting type (Quick or Full) - STOP THERE
Power down JUST THE DRONE
Remove the Original SD Card
Insert New SD Card
Power on the drone
When the light on the controller is solid Blue, do a full format of the new card
Repeat from step 3, if you have multiple cards to format .... if not - GO FLY!!

This is kind of funny. I have talked to Lucas a few times in my quest to get my replacement Anafi. In one such talk I told him the procedure on how one of our members did it and now Parrot is claiming they come up with the idea LOL
This has been pinned to our Anafi section for some time now.

Reactions: shmilo27
This is kind of funny. I have talked to Lucas a few times in my quest to get my replacement Anafi. In one such talk I told him the procedure on how one of our members did it and now Parrot is claiming they come up with the idea LOL
This has been pinned to our Anafi section for some time now.
That is pretty funny Augustine. I’m just glad we all have a solution now for using any SD card we want with our Anafi. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut