Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Issues with follow me mode

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
I have two Anafi's and on the older one (my main one) I started to notice a long time ago it would lock on to me and it would start to do a bob up and down motion. Like it was hunting for the subject or trying to stay at the right Alt. I stopped using that one for follow me as it did not seem reliable. Yesterday I took out my newer Anafi just for the purpose of doing a follow me video and I noticed it was starting to do the same thing. Not as bad but it was noticeable.
I know I have read of others having the same issue on the forum. I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to this? I am also wondering if it is device specific? Like does this happen only on Android or both Android & iOS?

Did all resets and calibrations. Problem is still there. This is why I am wondering if its related to the phone or tablet operating system.

I have two Anafi's and on the older one (my main one) I started to notice a long time ago it would lock on to me and it would start to do a bob up and down motion. Like it was hunting for the subject or trying to stay at the right Alt. I stopped using that one for follow me as it did not seem reliable. Yesterday I took out my newer Anafi just for the purpose of doing a follow me video and I noticed it was starting to do the same thing. Not as bad but it was noticeable.
I know I have read of others having the same issue on the forum. I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to this? I am also wondering if it is device specific? Like does this happen only on Android or both Android & iOS?
So i have not used follow me mode prior to testing after your post so am not sure of typical behavior
But this is what I experienced
Android phone (no sim card)) - I also experienced it hunting for proper altitude, not terrible but was moving up and down - you could hear hear it in prop speeds
iPhone 6 (sim card but not active) pretty much the same as above
iPhone 6S (with active sim) much improved but still a little up and down
Do you think its possible that it is caused by barometer on phone?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
My memory is not very clear on this but I thinking the nodding started happening after the updates around July/August 2019.

I see this nodding in follow me, especially in track mode and if the drone is within 15metres of me. Also you can see it in most of the cameraman modes like orbit, etc. Again it is the tell tale nodding with accompanied pitch change in the props as they hunt up and down.

This occurs with both the Galaxy S6 and S8+ that I use with the drone.

Hi I have a similar problem. I have posted a new thread and reading this, it sounds like my problem.

I have done many videos without this problem. I use the same mobile, same controller.. I have calibrated dron and camera, but the problem it's still there.

Could it be a software problem ?.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut