Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Issues with FreeFlight 6

DeWe

Reaction score
Today I was flighing the first time with the new app version 6.5.1.
I've recognize following things, which I could not explain :
The first 2 flight I could not manually landing : The Anafi stopped ca. 1m above ground and I must press the landing button.
I was in the mode manual flight mode.
Up from the 3rd flight, the landing procedure was ok, and I could landing as normal, manual.
In another flight, the Yaw speed ( was setting in Sport (manual mode to 90degree per second in the app) was suddenly so slow as in film mode. All other flights before and after check the settings the drone react normally.
The radar: maybe I haven't recognized the right behavior :
I was thinking, that, if the drone is in front, a green angle is visible. But the drone was in front and a red angle looked in the wrong direction....??? It doesn't matter, if I draw myself.... the angle was all time not correct. Copter and SC3 was calibrated some times....

Any idea, was going wrong?

....The first 2 flight I could not manually landing : The Anafi stopped ca. 1m above ground and I must press the landing button...
Well, this at least is normal behavior. At that point, with it hovering, you can land it on whatever is beneath it , or guide it to your landing pad and hit the land button, or if you have enabled hand launch you can put your open palm about a foot underneath and hit the land button.

I have had mixed success with this. Today it worked perfectly, settling into my palm and shutting of immediately, other times it bounced up and I had to grab it and twist it 90 degrees to shut off the props.

The Anafi was only hovering 1m over the landing pad: no chance to land the copter manual. Only the landing button on the SC3 let land the copter. Handlanding was disabled....
All time ago (with older SW) I haven't recognized this behavior.

To land you need to use the land button, or hold the altitude stick down for a few seconds, then it will land.

... or to hold the stick down.....
that's exactly what does I've done.... but the Kopter doesn't react... only a press of the landing button resolved the situation... Seen at the first 2 flights yesterday. After the Akku was changed, the behavior was (manual landing) normal. After that I've seen the issue, that in Sport-Mode (manual) the Yaw speed parameter was taken out of the film Mode..... It's happen suddenly.... this behavior was only seen during 1 flight (incl. check during flight, if the right mode was set and if the parameter are correct..... Also this behavior was gone on the next flight.
It's a little miracle...

Does your phone have a compass in it? If it doesn't then the display of which way the controller antennas are pointing is meaningless. If you have a compass module in your phone then this display can be meaningful, you get a pale blue triangle which indicates which way your controller antenna system is pointing which can help you align it with the drone. If there is no compass module in the phone this can't work and any indication of the orientation of your controller is meaningless or counter-productive. Unfortunately having a compass module in your phone isn't a guarantee that you will be informed which way to align your controller but without such a module you have to orient by "dead reckoning" (I reckon it's over that way, sort of, ish, probably).

Out from the Spec of the Huawei Mediapad m5 lite LTE (only the LTE version contains GPS) a compass is available. Maybe I must search an app to calculate the compass...

Out from the Spec of the Huawei Mediapad m5 lite LTE (only the LTE version contains GPS) a compass is available. Maybe I must search an app to calculate the compass...

If your phone doesn't have a compass device in it you can download as many compass apps as you like they will just be wallpaper. I got mysef a new phone with a compass in it, and a few other things. Do you ever get the desire to record and edit video on your phone from the bottom of a hot tub, next to the jets? Get an Ulefone Armor 6.

I'll check, if there are an Apk available, which record the screen incl an incoming video stream and need doesn't need so much CPU load...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yesta