Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jerky Video

Fredlaw

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to the Anafi however I have flown a phantom 3 previously.
The video on my anafi is very jerky and I cannot seem to stop it being this way any suggestions please
Thanks Fred

Hi appreciate your help every time I try to attach file it says not supported can you tell me what format the file has to be?

Thanks
Fred

Hi
You cannot upload videos to the forum. The file size is just way to large.
Uploading to Youtube or vimeo like you did is the best option.

Now as for your video being jerky to tell you the truth I did not see any jerky video other then it being pretty dark. Are you sure its not the computer you are trying to watch it from?

Reactions: JLO and jmbsmt63
I agree with Agustine.The video doesnt show any jerkiness when I play it.As mentioned,hardware issues or video players can sometimes add a jerkiness due to a rendering(?) issue.I use VLC(free) as my default player now as Windows Movie Player gave my videos a stuttering or or jerkiness.

Ok I posted it to vimeo
let me know what you think
Thanks
Fred
OK Thanks for posting...It is hard to tell if it is your control of the drone or a "jerkiness"
As above, your exposure is WAY too dark, double-check your settings?
What SD card are you using? You need a Class 10 U3 card for best results in 4K...
As above, what kind of computer/device are you trying to view the video with? Low spec machines will struggle with 4K.

Thanks guys I think you are right I was using filmora but found I had an old copy running ai got rid of ythid s enabled hardware assist on graphics and got n immediate improvement. Snow aim wondering if upgrading ram from 8gb to !6 GB would hep more your thoughts?

Thanks guys I think you are right I was using filmora but found I had an old copy running ai got rid of ythid s enabled hardware assist on graphics and got n immediate improvement. Snow aim wondering if upgrading ram from 8gb to !6 GB would hep more your thoughts?

As far as video on a computer, the more ram the better

My pc is fairly high spec i7 3.6 ghz with 4 core windows 10 64 bit but only 8gb ram

I can't detect any jerkiness in the Vimeo video you posted, your computer could be having an issue with playback, I know that I have to use "Proxies" with Adobe Premiere Pro cc 2019 while playing back any of my Aanfi videos that are over and above 720p (and this on a system spec of 8 core AMD and 32GB RAM with win 10 pro), have you tried windows media player or another player other that VLC?

If you have (or have access to) a 4k TV where you can plug in a USB stick you could test it on that. I get perfectly smooth playback on my TV whereas sometimes my PC stutters a bit if it's got other processes running whilst also playing video.

If you have (or have access to) a 4k TV where you can plug in a USB stick you could test it on that. I get perfectly smooth playback on my TV whereas sometimes my PC stutters a bit if it's got other processes running whilst also playing video.
Thanks Joe Ill try that just got to find someone with a 4K tv
Cheers Fred

ok here's interesting play on VLC jerky play on windows media player smooth as silk go figure

VLC doesn't use hardware decoding unlike Media Player, so unless you have a beast of a CPU it may have trouble. No jerk indeed here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville