Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Licensing in Canada

Thanev

Reaction score
Just a reminder for those in Canada that we need to be licensed and our Anafi needs to be registered as of June 1st.
The simplest is the Basic for the Anafi as it sits between the 250gm and 25kg limits
$10.00 for the Basic licence and $5.00 for registration.

A single word of advice.

STUDY

And for those of you that aren't Canadian citizens,well,there is a different hoop to hop through...

And if you have fixed-wind aircraft which are also included in the"Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS)”,they need to be registered as well.I have 32 aircraft...

Last edited:
Study is right at least a third of the exam has little to nothing to do with piloting a drone. Not a difficult exam just the wording of the questions is... shall we say.... unique.

Reactions: Thanev
Keep in mind that the Anafi is not listed on the RPAS list as approved by the Canadian Government. At present it is NOT approved for advanced certification.

Choosing the right drone - Transport Canada

If the Anafi is your only Drone,stick with Basic licensing,as I highly doubt Parrot is motivated to work with the Canadian market and achieve RPAS certification.

Last edited:
Good news! You can now fly your Anafi Thermal in controlled airspace with advanced certificate in Canada.

Good news! You can now fly your Anafi Thermal in controlled airspace with advanced certificate in Canada.

Could you post where this info came from? AS of this morning it is still not listed on Trans Port Canada site as approved.

It might not be showing yet. It takes time to go through TC web page. I had the Anafi registered and got confirmation yesterday.

Interesting to see if Parrot gets the reg.Anafi accepted as well,as other than the thermal camera I can't see a difference concerning safety aspects.

Interesting to see if Parrot gets the reg.Anafi accepted as well,as other than the thermal camera I can't see a difference concerning safety aspects.
If you register your drone you'll find out right away.

You can go to your registration on TC's page and check. I just did and it is not on the list.
The manufacturer has not made a declaration (as per CAR 901.76) for the make and model you are registering. This means the drone may not be operated in the following situations:

Cool so how do you like it and where did you pick it up in Canada?
I picked it up on the release date and the only site that had any was Drone Nerds in the States. I know that BHphotovideo has some in stock now. Haven't seen it available at BestBuy Canada yet.

@kcanning is a Parrot distributer here in Canada. He is a member here and has parts for our birds. If you buy from him he covers warranty here in Canada. Here is his company:

@kcanning is a Parrot distributer here in Canada. He is a member here and has parts for our birds. If you buy from him he covers warranty here in Canada. Here is his company:
Numerous locations and is trying to stock parts.Warranty coverage alone is priceless.I have communicated a couple of times with him and been very impressed.

You'll get an email before it makes the list.

Just got this from Transport Canada. Still not on the list but I guess its going to be.

As a registered owner of a PARROT ANAFI drone, we are informing you that new information about this drone has been provided to Transport Canada. This may include changes to the environments in which it can fly in as declared by the manufacturer. Your certificate of registration has been revised accordingly - please review the information by logging into your account.

Huh... I registered my Anafi on the 15th and there is no sign of Parrot having made a declaration yet. Maybe I'll get an email in a few days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320