Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Looking For Help

luis jomo

Reaction score

I am going on vacations to Gran Canary islan. Can you help me to know what authorisation is needed to fly in those islands (spain)?
Is there any registation? Any app to ask for authorisation?

Any question to fly in my country (Portugal) i am avaiable.

I am going on vacations to Gran Canary islan. Can you help me to know what authorisation is needed to fly in those islands (spain)?

This site Uso Recreativo de Drones-Drones-Trabajos aéreos-Compañías o empresas-AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento
has the right answers about drone flying in Spain. Beware that some areas in the Canary Islands are considered reservations so, they are "absolutely no drones" areas......

Last edited:

Hello,
I can't see your question here, but I'll try to answer it anyhow.

I don't know anything particular about licensing of drones in the Canary Islands and would not even know where to ask for details.
I assume that the general rules in the EU apply:
Not flying near airports, at areas that are populated with people, like beaches or in towns, have a distance of at least 30m between the drone and a person, and don't fly in areas where flying is specifically forbidden. Here the Teide National Park.
Be sensible, safety first!
As far as I understand it licensing is only required for UAVs above 2.5kg and or commercial use.
I'm flying my Anafi mainly in the uninhabited hinterland. And I have found here a big flat area ideal for training and experimenting. (it was formerly used for agricultural purposes)
Contrary to what I do, I have seen a few people flying drones in heavily populated areas near a beach.
Hope that gives you an idea, let me know if you have something new.
Thanks, and have a good stay in Gran Canaria.
DB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut