Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lost Bebop2 power.

Brian Mac

Reaction score
Was out enjoying my Bebop 2 power this morning. Used the first battery and all went well. Landed my drone changed the battery checked GPS signal all looked well so I took off again. Was about 500m out and about 20m up and it stopped responding to my controls. I then pushed the return to home button several times and it flew further away. Jumped into the car and went after it but couldn't see it. Disappointed to say the least. Bought it on Amazon UK. My first email has went to them.

Click on the name of the drone in free flight pro.
It will give you the last known coordinates of the drone

Reactions: Opentheskies
Already tried that and the last known coordinates of the drone is in my garden where it took off from.

That sucks.
I've never experienced one of these "flyaways" and I hope I never do.
Good luck. Hope you can locate it.

Reactions: Brian Mac
Hi,
Got my lost bebop 2 power returned to me today after it refused to respond to the controls on Saturday morning. Judging from the video it kind of flew 50% of its path back to base and then turned right and eventually landed in a garden. With the help of facebook 4 days after going haywire it was returned to me physically undamaged. Still a few honest people about yet.
One thing I would say is that Parrot customer service is pure rubbish.Not once over the 4 days did they respond to any of my emails. Stuck with my Parrot now that I got it back and very pleased to have it back but any future drone I buy will be from a different manufacture

Hi,
Got my lost bebop 2 power returned to me today after it refused to respond to the controls on Saturday morning. Judging from the video it kind of flew 50% of its path back to base and then turned right and eventually landed in a garden. With the help of facebook 4 days after going haywire it was returned to me physically undamaged. Still a few honest people about yet.
One thing I would say is that Parrot customer service is pure rubbish.Not once over the 4 days did they respond to any of my emails. Stuck with my Parrot now that I got it back and very pleased to have it back but any future drone I buy will be from a different manufacture

Wowwww, you got it back....very lucky indeed.
having similar issues with Parrot after sales myself, I find depending who picks the phone up can define the level of customer support you get.... ranging from poor to very poor promised information on 2 occasions ......recieved zilch ?

That's good news Brian Mac.
Glad you got it back. Yes, there are still good people left in the world.

When you switched batteries did you recalibrate the drone again? And make sure you look at the map after you launch the drone to see if you have established a return to home point on that map? I do this every time and never once experience a fly a way from either of my B2P new or refurbished 1..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

When you switched batteries did you recalibrate the drone again? And make sure you look at the map after you launch the drone to see if you have established a return to home point on that map? I do this every time and never once experience a fly a way from either of my B2P new or refurbished 1..

You could be right about the calibration. When I powered the bebop up after it was returned it was telling me it needed calibrated. Thanks for the advice. Some good points.

Here's the thing... Pushing RTH once starts a return. Pushing it again cancels the RTH. The last thing you want to do is push RTH multiple times.

You said you found the drone had flown part way home, right? It probably would have come home if you hadn't pushed the button "several times".

PS: If you put your contact info on a sticker on the drone, it's MUCH more likely it'll be returned quickly.

Glad you got it back!
Definetly will be putting my contact details on a sticker. Think it was a calibration issue.

You could be right about the calibration. When I powered the bebop up after it was returned it was telling me it needed calibrated. Thanks for the advice. Some good points.
No problem.. just make it a habit to update the map on freeflightpro especially if you change locations and if using a non cellular tablet just search an area your planing on flying and do an update at home. I calibrate every time I turn on the bop where I'm taking off along with flat trim. Since I fly using the 4g mod the distance is unlimited so I really want to make sure it's coming home

When you look at the map after take off what are you looking for that would tell you that I have established a return to home point. I thought all was ok when I say the green gps light.

No problem.. just make it a habit to update the map on freeflightpro especially if you change locations and if using a non cellular tablet just search an area your planing on flying and do an update at home. I calibrate every time I turn on the bop where I'm taking off along with flat trim. Since I fly using the 4g mod the distance is unlimited so I really want to make sure it's coming home

Thanks

When you look at the map after take off what are you looking for that would tell you that I have established a return to home point. I thought all was ok when I say the green gps light.
If you don't see that circle with house in it when you take off either land it and try again.. even if you don't have an image of the map there at least you know a rth has been established.

If you don't see that circle with house in it when you take off either land it and try again.. even if you don't have an image of the map there at least you know a rth has been established.

Nice to know that. Thanks

Reactions: Levy501
Was out enjoying my Bebop 2 power this morning. Used the first battery and all went well. Landed my drone changed the battery checked GPS signal all looked well so I took off again. Was about 500m out and about 20m up and it stopped responding to my controls. I then pushed the return to home button several times and it flew further away. Jumped into the car and went after it but couldn't see it. Disappointed to say the least. Bought it on Amazon UK. My first email has went to them.
You c

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut