Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Love and dissapointment - RIP Anafi

Great tribute to the fallen Anafi. What video settings did you use?
Cinema mode for the most part (4K 24fps, you can see the black lines top and bottom). The opening scene is P-Log using one of the DJI LUTs provided with DaVinci Resolve. Most of the footage is just stuff the Anafi captured whilst mucking around - with no post processing.

Reactions: Kdavis2269
Since I now have 8 spare Anafi props - i figured I'd go into "air crash investigator" mode and do some scientific research:

prop.jpg

UV test under Aussie sun.

Without the flight logs or video it would only be my word - but thanks maybe I'll give it a try.
Hey Aaron, last Monday I lost my Anafi in the Hudson River flying near the Bear Mountain Bridge. I have a video that I shot the day before on my YouTube channel. On Monday I went back to the same place to take a couple of panoramas and lost both GPS and WiFi signal. It never reconnected and ended up in the middle of the river. I contacted Parrot, filled out their report and sent back the screenshots of the last known location. The pictures show the Anafi over the Hudson about 500 feet away from the bridge. They're REPLACING it for me. I figured that I was screwed, but I also thought what the hell. The worst they could tell me was that it wasn't covered. Did you try and contact Parrot and if so how did you make out? Hope all is good.

Hey Aaron, last Monday I lost my Anafi in the Hudson River flying near the Bear Mountain Bridge. I have a video that I shot the day before on my YouTube channel. On Monday I went back to the same place to take a couple of panoramas and lost both GPS and WiFi signal. It never reconnected and ended up in the middle of the river. I contacted Parrot, filled out their report and sent back the screenshots of the last known location. The pictures show the Anafi over the Hudson about 500 feet away from the bridge. They're REPLACING it for me. I figured that I was screwed, but I also thought what the hell. The worst they could tell me was that it wasn't covered. Did you try and contact Parrot and if so how did you make out? Hope all is good.
That's some amazing footage and one deep looking river. I can image the "no, no, no' moment as it went down o_O - thinking there's no way of getting that back!

I'm glad Parrot replaced your Anafi, however I wonder what the final criteria for yay or nay is ? There are others on this forum who have had similar incidents and were unsuccessful with a warranty claim.

I did contact Parrot. Still waiting for the final reply...

Last edited:
That's some amazing footage and one deep looking river. I can image the "no, no, no' moment as it went down o_O - thinking there's no way of getting that back!

I'm glad Parrot replaced your Anafi, however I wonder what the final criteria for yay or nay is ? There are others on this forum who have had similar incidents and were unsuccessful with a warranty claim.

Thanks and good luck with your claim. I'm sure Parrot will come thru ? The reaction was more like "aww sh*t" then followed by the chorus of "no, no, no".

• Haha
Reactions: AaronB

Nice Video! I'm on Long Island, not too far away.

Very glad to hear Parrot came through for you. I'm guessing the flight logs indicated something electronic not your falt cased the dive into the Hudson.

Reactions: AllenP
Nice Video! I'm on Long Island, not too far away.

Very glad to hear Parrot came through for you. I'm guessing the flight logs indicated something electronic not your falt cased the dive into the Hudson.
Thanks ? What part of the Island are you on? I have a sister in Selden.

I'm so sorry, can understand your feelings, I'm very cautious, but also expect that sooner or later I'll lose my Anafi too. But even now after about 200 flights I'm glad for what I learned and what I have achieved so far. ?

Reactions: AllenP
Ok - so it's been a while - but the news is good :)
Parrot replaced my lost drone - which is truly awesome (y)
Thank you to those for suggesting to contact Parrot about a replacement.
The process was reasonably straightforward - just very drawn out. They did want to see the logs from my last few flights before making the final verdict - curious to know what they were looking for?

So from now on this is our sports drone:

and the Anafi will be for photography only (OK maybe we will use sport mode occasionally BUT keep it to the default settings - no maxing out.)

Going through this thread I realised I never posted an update on how UV resistant the Anafi props are.
This one has been out in full Aussie sun for four months - looked good as new and was still pliable. So that's a big thumbs up (y) on the quality of the props.

Anyway I'm really excited to have the Anafi again - the replacement has already seen some serious work creating a music video.
The Anafi is great for gigs like this - it is so unintrusive:

Last edited:

Hey Mate I'm from Australia and my Anafi fell out of the sky during a flightplan. Did parrot give you an RA number to take into JB Hi-Fi or did they just send you a replacement directly? I'm going through Parrot support now

Hey Mate I'm from Australia and my Anafi fell out of the sky during a flightplan. Did parrot give you an RA number to take into JB Hi-Fi or did they just send you a replacement directly? I'm going through Parrot support now
I contacted Parrot, filled in the paperwork, and eventually got an RA number - at which point they asked me to mail the original back to their Sydney warehouse. Once received they promptly sent me a replacement. Getting the RA took 3 months! Expect up to three weeks before getting a reply on each step of the process.

I do know other members in this forum have gone directly back to JB Hi-Fi and have received a replacement almost straight away.

I contacted Parrot, filled in the paperwork, and eventually got an RA number - at which point they asked me to mail the original back to their Sydney warehouse. Once received they promptly sent me a replacement. Getting the RA took 3 months! Expect up to three weeks before getting a reply on each step of the process.

I do know other members in this forum have gone directly back to JB Hi-Fi and have received a replacement almost straight away.

What if you dont have the drone to send back haha, did you just send back controller and case\box\charger cable? I contacted JB HiFi and they said I need an RA number from Parrot :(

What if you dont have the drone to send back haha, did you just send back controller and case\box\charger cable? I contacted JB HiFi and they said I need an RA number from Parrot :(
I just sent everything in the original package (minus the Anafi). I made sure to communicate the Anafi was irretrievably lost right from the start. Give as much detail as you can about the incident and be . . . patient :rolleyes:

I,ve had this happin twice to me where blade just disintegrated ...i was lucky that for both times she dropped close by

wonder if they could start making these in Carbon Fibre....if it ment not losing the drone I'd pay the additional cost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood