Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Major Battery Failure

dgmcrm

Reaction score
I haven't flown my Parrot 2.0 for about 3 months. With Spring on the way I thought I'd get ready for some flying. I keep two batteries on charge using the Parrot charger. I just found one battery had swelled and popped it's case open. The other battery was beginning to swell up in the charger. Everything here is as-purchased Parrot, no modifications. Has anyone else had this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_5894.JPG
    IMG_5894.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5895.JPG
    IMG_5895.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 4
I haven't flown my Parrot 2.0 for about 3 months. With Spring on the way I thought I'd get ready for some flying. I keep two batteries on charge using the Parrot charger. I just found one battery had swelled and popped it's case open. The other battery was beginning to swell up in the charger. Everything here is as-purchased Parrot, no modifications. Has anyone else had this problem?
Its bad practice to keep the batteries charged up.... when not in use they need to be kept at approximately 50%. If the batteries were left at 100% for a long period of time, this would eventually lead to the failure you are experiencing.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Ditto what others have said. You should never leave a lipo battery connected to a charger. The batteries should be allowed to self-discharge if they are not being used. From the Parrot website: "When not in use for 10 days, your ANAFI series drone’s smart battery discharges itself, if required, to 65% charge, over a 48h period."

I haven't flown my Parrot 2.0 for about 3 months. With Spring on the way I thought I'd get ready for some flying. I keep two batteries on charge using the Parrot charger.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING ? I'm starting to see why Parrot got out of the consumer drone sales...

Mine was nothing like that, but I did something stupid when I knew better. Allowed a battery I already observed acting weird, bulged in appearance slightly, into circulation. It was close but I watch fall from the sky about 75ft. The camera snapped off its arms. Looking for advice and information on fixing it, battery testers, opinions on the batteries on Ali that are 1/2 as much as on Amazon, and Parrot stuff in general.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut