Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Master Thread for Rumored (or genuine) Anafi Signal Booster Mods

WHAT?? You're right !
They say free shipping worldwide except excluded countries. Maybe it's not yet completely configured because even in the US (depending on the zip I think) I find 999 USD of shipping charges.
I'm in France so it's not even an option for me :/
Simkamil : the guy probably knows about the song related to your nickname and he wants to do the same ("te prendre nu") !
He knows about french humor...it can only be a good guy ! ?

Related, but a bit off the subject....
I'm looking for pictures, details, dimensions etc of the internal antenna(s) of the SC3, I don't want to open mine.
Background of this question: would it be feasible to build a yagi antenna that can be attached/linked to the SC3.
With all type of "Boosters" it is easy to amplify the outgoing (transmitted) Signal, however, the communication link includes also the signal incoming from the Anafi. A simple amplification would always end up in increasing the signal level but also the noise level as well. A real improvement would only be possible when using significantly better components in the receiver front end.
In RF communication in general, a better solution and (unfortunately in our case) a more directional antenna results in stronger signals, both ways.
Thanks for the note. I honestly don't know as this is over my expertise level. So what your saying here is that a quality Yagi antenna installed in the front of the Skycontroller 3 will help lesson the increased noise level? Their site does recommend purchasing the below wic antennas seen below. Is this what you're referring to?

Attachments

• 1555793355217.png
    1555793355217.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 12
Just a quick cursory glance at his listing and I can see the snake oil oozing.

He claims that it provides 5 times the FCC output at 5GHz. FCC limit on 5GHz is around 0.6Watts so by this statement he is claiming an output of 3 Watt. However his figures of 0.2 Amp at 7Volt contradict this:
Power = Volt X Current,
7. x 0.2

Which equals 1.4Watt, assuming 100% efficiency (unobtainable)

In 10Log terms this is only an increase of just over 3dB, something that can be achieved by adding just one extra element to a dipole antenna, and something that will have the same effect on both transmit and receive.

With range it is location, location, location. One area I fly in is just over 210m asl with no obstructions horizon to horizon. On CE levels (25milliWatt@5GHz) I have achieved a distance of 2.5Km with zero dropout, turning back due to remaining battery level.

If you really want to break distance records there are more efficient, and cheaper, platforms than the Anafi. I enjoy the Anafi for what it is, a stable and reliable flying camera that can take images my handheld camera cannot.

Regards

Nidge.

Just a quick cursory glance at his listing and I can see the snake oil oozing....

Regards

Nidge.

Hello Nidge
I could not agree more. There is a lot of baloney on wonder devices with miracle specs. Despite all marketing to lure the major part of unknowledgeable people by offering what is desirable to them, there is no way to overcome the reality and the physical laws,

As you said, the communication conditions at the particular area where you fly limit the distance. The ideas on what is desirable, possible, and allowed differ largely.
For me a distance of 1.5 km is in most cases fully sufficient. However, I'm having the Anafi for making videos of an object, regardless of the communication properties at that particular place. I like to explore the mountains in our area (Tenerife South).
The communication between drone and controller remains established only when both uplink to the drone and downlink to the controller are working. The Drone is in my case - due to the much higher altitude - always much more exposed to noise. Therefore I assume - but are not sure - that the uplink to the drone is the weakest link.

To improve I'm looking for a much shorter version of something similar to this:

Therefore my original question for the layout of the antennas in SC3,
Thanks
Diego

Reactions: jeffmm1
So has anyone actually tried and tested any mods and would agree they actually work? And which one?

Reactions: Pzilly
So has anyone actually tried and tested any mods and would agree they actually work? And which one?
Ditto I am interested in in a little boost myself, I have a huge area behind my house w miles of fields but a half mile the other way I have a tower, somedays i can go out a mile,,others about a quarter mile. I wouldn't even mind a large antenna mounted to my shop pointed out over the fields.

Love this drone, perfect for my needs, but constant range could be improved.
Thanks guys for any info.

If you want range, you can get 10KM guaranteed, but it will cost you 799 dollars.
it involves buying a mavic air 2 btw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem