Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Master Thread for Rumored (or genuine) Anafi Signal Booster Mods

Well, price-wise it seems unreasonable, but I am curious.

I found some info for the previous incarnation of this mod for Bebop 2 and comments are above average, so it does something...
However it is outrageously expensive and for me its a no go, even excluding the ridicusly expensive shipping costs..

Do not forget that this raw electronics, from HK, from a small vendor,so its smells customs and duties from far..

Based on my experience, this will cost something in the range of 250-300 euros to land on EU, without the item cost obviously...

Last edited:
I really only want a solution that unlocks all the channels no matter what country you live in - without having to use Fake GPS. I wont be modding my Anafi with any **** like skyshit and voiding my warranty for the sake of a few extra hundred m range.. fook that

All this appears to do is disconnect the internal antennae in the controller, bring the connections outside the case and terminate in a standard SMA connector in an awkward place that may be shielded by the phone/tablet. I hope that the TX circuitry in the controller is protected as there is a good chance that you could turn on the controller by opening the phone support without remembering to screw in the antenna. I think that I will pass on this mod.

Most people leave the antenna connected unless they plan to pack it away for transport. I have the 4Hawks antenna on my Autel x-star RC and I think I might have taken it off once in 2 years. These types of antennas do work very well but might not be for everyone.

Had trouble finding it on the main page, but it’s listed as an acessory under duo.

It’s tempting to get more range, but I can already fly well out of sight, I don’t think I’d use the extra range much.

The angle of the antenna looks to face up at an angle a bit, I guess to match the built in antenna?

Before watching the install video I had thought by installing the bracket you would void you warranty. Actually it is a very nice clean install and no damage to the controller so if you ever have to send your Anafi back for anything all you have to do is put it back to stock. Very nicely done. Very expensive for the actual antenna's but still a nice package for those needing extra range and good connections in the city.

Not in English but its really not hard to figure out. :)

It does look like a very neat and well thought out design. I do wonder whether the bend in the USB lead from the controller to the phone/tablet will stress the socket as some people have had problems with the controller USB-A socket coming lose.

Avoid like the plague.. Leave the skyshit creator in his own ****. I've never seen such arrogance in anyone ever.

I'm totally stoked with the range of my Anafi (on FCC frequencies) its awesome. Flying more than 2-3kms scares the bejesus out of me anyways with such a small craft.

Reactions: Efliernz and Nidge
Before watching the install video I had thought by installing the bracket you would void you warranty. Actually it is a very nice clean install and no damage to the controller so if you ever have to send your Anafi back for anything all you have to do is put it back to stock. Very nicely done. Very expensive for the actual antenna's but still a nice package for those needing extra range and good connections in the city.

Not in English but its really not hard to figure out. :)

Cannot wait to see the video , how far it can fly than standar antenna

Yeah, the Alientech one looks pretty awesome...but nearly $400 for it? That makes almost no sense. If I could double my range for about $100 I would be tempted. At this price, however, it isn't something I'm willing to risk.

Avoid like the plague.. Leave the skyshit creator in his own ****. I've never seen such arrogance in anyone ever.

I'm totally stoked with the range of my Anafi (on FCC frequencies) its awesome. Flying more than 2-3kms scares the bejesus out of me anyways with such a small craft.

I remember having a brief exchange with him a year or so ago when he was faffing with a mod for the Disco. He’d posted some crude spectral plots in an attempt to show the difference between the standard output and the enhanced output. My concern was that the enhanced output looked very distorted, possibly due to overdriving or poor biasing,or both, of the amplifier. My concern was not well received.

I do have reservations about adding aftermarket active devices, such as amplifiers, to RC controllers. The cheap units found on Banggood, Gearbest, EBay, etc, are cheap for a reason mainly because they lack adequate filtering on the outputs. The impedance matching and insertion loss of some of the units can also be questionable. The result of which could lead to an increased risk of interference to other spectrum users and damage to the original device if used over a prolonged period of time. Utilising a more efficient antenna system provides both a simpler and cost effective solution as the benefits work in both receive and transmit. With models such as the Anafi, and any other model that uses a bidirectional WiFi link, it’s somewhat pointless sending a high powered signal to the aircraft when you can’t here the lower powered return signal.

Regards

Nidge.

Well said Nidge.
It's all very one-way gain here and there should be good filtering - but filters cost more than amplifiers and connectors.
I guess I'm old-school and I like to be able to see my model / almost see it. (and here's the boring bit... it's illegal to fly outside unaided eyesight range in my country).
I fly commercial aerial photography hanging out of a fullsize plane. We are often (legally) below 500' and the thought of someone's drone 4Km away from themselves with zero regard of their surroundings doesn't impress me.
I'ts taken about 40 flights to finally be happy with not staring at the model... but at the screen and trusting it lol. 300 meters away does all i need to do with a small model. I still regard my Anafi as a really cool tall tripod! It's a cool mobile camera. I'll fly my other models if i want to do stupid stuff :whistle:

Reactions: Liger 1956
I am chatting with the developer of the Sky **** 3 Anafi booster now. I just pulled the trigger on it for $140.00. Here is his statement he just posted at 4:00 AM CST after asking how it compared to the likes of Alientech and 4 Hawks.

Today, I have a flight with 4.1km (video will be up next morning with telemetry data explanation). Video feed would terminated at 3km as usual. The video feed would be very solid within the first 3km comparing to a stock SC3. But if you keep pushing on throttle forward (with recalibrated booster applied it would allow you to punch more forward range even after the video feed has been terminated.). It will go another 1km for you. Achieving 4km.
I have no comment on other solution. But I don't think people would spend USD$384 on a DJI booster mod which can only achieve 2.5km max on Anafi (as on youtube longest ranged reference-able by AlienTech).

Related, but a bit off the subject....
I'm looking for pictures, details, dimensions etc of the internal antenna(s) of the SC3, I don't want to open mine.
Background of this question: would it be feasible to build a yagi antenna that can be attached/linked to the SC3.
With all type of "Boosters" it is easy to amplify the outgoing (transmitted) Signal, however, the communication link includes also the signal incoming from the Anafi. A simple amplification would always end up in increasing the signal level but also the noise level as well. A real improvement would only be possible when using significantly better components in the receiver front end.
In RF communication in general, a better solution and (unfortunately in our case) a more directional antenna results in stronger signals, both ways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian