Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

More news about the coming recreational EU rules for drone.

Landbo

Reaction score

Found a new multi-lingual page that contains substance on the coming rules for recreational flight with drones in Europe.

!!! Note that it is still the national rules for the individual countries that apply the next year's time. ;)

Happy reading, Leif.

Found this video where he tries to explain what is coming in 2020

Yes I have heard his speech a few times even though my ears had a hard time keeping his unarticulated sounds out.

So it sounds like the UK is jumping on the EU wagon as far as drone flying is concerned. Nevertheless, it seemed that they do not quite know which leg they should standing on with regard to their rules when hearing the talk from other sources. :rolleyes:

Regards, Leif.

This mentions member states, which may not come to be. Will they adopt the rules, or will other problems be more pressing, ie Brexit and it's nonsense?

Do you think that the aviation rules and regulations will be adopted Europe wide and in aviation terms, will still be classed as Europe no matter what?

I think it is a wrong link you have provided here. ;)

I don't know about Brexit. From here on my chair it looks more like a soap opera than they can go for a sensible farewell to the EU. But what do I know about British politics ? ?

Yes, there are many indications that the hole Europe will be jumping on the train. But however, many unforeseen things can happen before we reach June 2020, which is the cut-off day for the hobby people if everything goes well. You have to remember that the new EU rules are very different from the rules the European countries is flying under now. But it will be exciting to follow.

Regards, Leif.

Forgotten that you can click here on the map and read about the different countries' rules now, which, as I said, are very different today. In a year, the rules should be the same everywhere. In particular, try and study the poor Belgian special rules as they are now. It's a ice bucket down over your head as droneflyer.

Regards, Leif.

Thanks @Landbo and @Agustine for the links & YouTube video. Very interesting reading. Hard to say what the outcome will be for the UK in all of this. (I could write a huge rant about Brexit, but I won't, other than to say I don't want it, and still hope we remain)

Reactions: Landbo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut