Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My Anafi almost fall down from the sky today!

SalsaDura

Reaction score
Hi. So today, finally, I've managed to Fly my drone with Follow me on, because earlier I had some trouble to apply it. To my surprise, this function works incredibly well, the drone just stick to you and whenever you go, ride, whatever, it will follow!! So I was riding my scooter and the drone flew in front of me, while suddenly the propellers stopped working for a few milisec. It was enough for the drone to fall half the way to the ground!! It was so unexpected that I just froze! But then propellers started working again and the drone flew up to the initial high. I didnt interrupt the flight and after like 3 minutes it happened again! It was so fast that I was not able to react, but now I know that those drones really are felling down from the sky and we can do **** about it! There was even no wind today, so it couldn't interfere with propellers. One think that comes to my mind is that it happened while smart function was on, therefore, I think it is a reason, because I have been flying this drone for a few days on manual flight and it behave perfectly!

[...] while suddenly the propellers stopped working for a few milisec. It was enough for the drone to fall half the way to the ground!!
Please, could you give us HW and SW versions for ANAFI, Skycontroller and FF6?
Mine: ANAFI HW_03, sw 1.6.7, Skycontroller HW 3 sw 1.6.3 and FF6 v6.6.8 (no problem since 1st flight 24/03/2020).

Its not just smartdronies related as my anafi thermal fell today while in manual flight mode and only 52 seconds into flight with a full battery and only about a 100 feet from where i was standing. Broke the gimbal, knocked off the camera cover, and now the dreaded vertical camera failure. Drone does power on still and i checked graphics from the last flight and all looked. I'm getting tired of dealing with issue after issue as i have another anafi thermal that is grounded because an error message displays when trying to connect to it and locks the freeflight 6 app. Email is the only way to open claims or get tech support and im tired of waiting 2 days minimum between every response. I get an email and promptly respond 2 days later they follow up then i promptly respond again and minimum 2 days later they follow up and so on.

Please, could you give us HW and SW versions for ANAFI, Skycontroller and FF6?
Mine: ANAFI HW_03, sw 1.6.7, Skycontroller HW 3 sw 1.6.3 and FF6 v6.6.8 (no problem since 1st flight 24/03/2020).
Friend, I have exactly the same numbers, I just check on my phone. Basically I updated everything so newest soft installed.

Hello! I've been trying to narrow down the problems as I too have an anafi and since it was a used gift I do not have the luxury of just flying and if it crashes warranty it out so I have spent hours researching and have narrowed the problems down to 2 1 is the battery which just causes it to free fall all of a sudden with no warning but it seams that the problem many are having is software related as many report sudden loss of control response and then it either "tries to land" at almost feefell speed or it just cuts off the power to the motors but one part of the equation which I am trying to solve is that it appears most problems are occuring with pilots using Android? As I see the rating in the play store very low about a 3.7 while the iOS or apple version has a rating of 4.7! Almost perfect but if anyone can chime in that would be much appreciated as I have experienced 3 "free falls/losses of controls" since beginning to fly..I am running everything up to the latest version set to channel 165 phone in airplane mode and within visual line of sight so there is absolutely no reason for connection issues I even scan the area with a wifi analyzer to confirm no interference so it is either the software or a sensor which is failing "probably also due to software" in either case I would like to confirm this issue is more common or hopefully exclusive to Android as it would be great if the fix is to just use an iPhone, Thanks in advance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut