Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My First Map With The Anafi

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
My first map made with my Anafi.

DroneDeploy

YeW5sEp.jpg

Last edited:
Hi
How do you make drone deploy work with anafi? On drone deploy homepage they only mention drones from dji.

As long as you have the correct height, the correct speed and know how many seconds between each photo you can set up a grid in Flight planner for your map. All dronedeploy or any other mapping soft ware needs are the photos with GPS information to but it all together.

I just fly manually taking overlapping pictures and then use PTGUI for stitching.

As long as you have the correct height, the correct speed and know how many seconds between each photo you can set up a grid in Flight planner for your map. All dronedeploy or any other mapping soft ware needs are the photos with GPS information to but it all together.
If you are using a grid, could also set it to take a photo at each waypoint

If you are using a grid, could also set it to take a photo at each waypoint

You can set it to take photos at the right intervals using Flight planner through out the waypoint mission. This is the best alternative to time lapse which the Anafi does not have. Getting the right amount of over lap is important to make your maps look good.

You can set it to take photos at the right intervals using Flight planner through out the waypoint mission. This is the best alternative to time lapse which the Anafi does not have. Getting the right amount of over lap is important to make your maps look good.
Yeah I personally like to pause and take a photo at each interval. Several ways to skin a cat

I have to try this :)I need to see elevation on the ground for my purpose. Is it hard and take long time to make a grid?

Any one now any 3d mapping software that work automatic for anafi, yet?

Yeah I personally like to pause and take a photo at each interval. Several ways to skin a cat

LOL
Well when you have to take 80 to 100 photos I hope you brought a lunch with you. That little map I did took 8 minutes of flight time and produce 45 photos so you would be there a long time if you stopped all the time plus the extra batteries you would need.
:)

Here is a little tutorial that we made up to help us do mapping with the Autel X-Star. All the camera settings will not be the same on the Anafi but it will give you an idea of what is needed to make a good map in Dronedeploy. If you can find the proper camera settings this will help you out making your first map.

Attachments

• 1_XSP_Ortho_Guide.pdf
    191.7 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Syncm
Great guide. I wonder do anyone know focal length and pixel pitch? Or what is the best guess? Have search parrot site but cant find anything. Try to set up flight plane in maps made easy.

From Parrot's data: 35mm focal length equivalent: 23-69mm (photo), 26-78mm

Not being a photography guru, its like chinese to me !

Doing a search on the Sony sensor reveals: 1.12µm pixel size

Dont know if that helps in any way. Have added the official brief for the sensor they used.

Attachments

• ProductBrief_IMX230_20150427.pdf
    127.9 KB · Views: 21
I tried 35 mm but i got like 1000 pictures of a very small area. I guess that i just to compare to normal camera. What i can see other small cameras is action cameras and drones is something like 2-6 mm, it has really big impact in number of pic.

Sorry..... Dont understand all this Focul Length stuff...... No matter what search criteria I enter, everything shows the same results for focul length.

Might be worth an email over to Parrot support to see if they have any further tech info

Just looked at a tech drawing of the Sony lens, and IF i read correctly, there are 2 figures indicated: 5.4 and 5.9 and would assume those to be mm

Actually just seen:

EFL:

Chip Type:
Sony IMX230

Focal length is 4mm on the Anafi. If you right-click on a photo and go to properties-> details, it will show the metadata (GPS etc) including the focal length. (Took me forever to figure this out, too, so I'm posting it here for posterity.

It seems that Dronedeploy is using the PIX4D algorithm. Why not use Pix4dcapture which is perfectly suited to the Anafi with regard to the settings (Parrot being owner of PIX4D) and then process the images captured with PIX4D Cloud whose price is substantially the same as Dronedeploy? It seems to me, to have tried it, that it is simpler without twisting the mind with possible compatibilites.
I also tried Dronedeploy for 3D model reconstruction with pictures taken with Flight plan (FF6-JPEG Wide) and other pictures taken with Pix4dcapture : the results were not so good comparing with PIX4D (my opinion) - not so good but enough to have something well built (I specify that I have not made any particular settings with the pictures or with the software in this essay with DroneDeploy).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame