Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My new Anafi just bit me!

Big Lez maate

Reaction score
First drone here, 2nd flight, don't wanna sound cocky but I'm actually pretty good with flying the drone so I chalk this one up to a sensor issue and my idiocy not being careful (I've noticed others have had issue with landing on their hands too). But it's a really fun and easy drone to control... must be from 2 years of playing pubg on xbox hah

Anyway long story short, as I was landing I thought I'd try a landing on my hand... Safe to say that the landing didn't go as planned. It didn't shut down and I got a pretty decent wack for my troubles hahaIMG_20190818_114529.jpg

Last edited:
Anyway long story short, as I was landing I thought I'd try a landing on my hand... Safe to say that the landing didn't go as planned. It didn't shut down and I got a pretty decent wack for my troubles haha.
Same thing has happened to me a few times. I didn't get bit quite as hard though....no blood. What I have determined is that a hand landing in any wind at all is not a good idea; best to snatch it and turn 90 degrees on its side. Hand launches are fine in wind. I usually use a landing pad, that works well.

I have had a few times when the bottom sensor seemed not to sense the surface if it is over a lawn. On RTH, it missed the landing pad by a yard of two and just kept right on descending into the grass hard enough to bounce! Now I keep my left thumb on the stick and if it does not appear to be going into a hover at 6 feet as it is supposed to do I take over.

Another thing to be aware of is that whenever this prop design hits anything semisolid the blade trailing edge slams into the opposite hub making a tiny chip. Eventually that chip can grow into a crack causing blade loss in flight and a bad crash, so best to very carefully examine all props after hitting anything, including fingers!

I have hand caught mine a couple of times but now I use a circular landing pad that folds up small. I know that some people regularly hand launch and catch but I am not comfortable with it. I figure that finding a suitable place for the pad is easier than worrying about whether I will drop the Anafi or whether it will bite me.

Reactions: dashSolo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood