Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Negative altitude POIs - successful workaround

Just my 2 cents on using this mod. Use it responsibly, no one wants to end up on the front page of the Newspaper. ;)
The point of this thread was to help out commercial operators who have waivers in place or where flying above the set limit of 150 meters is allowed.

Perhaps. But anyway I wouldn't do it:
I would get unlimited and in most countries illegal height plus possibly an unstable drone.

Hello all,

Had today a chance to experiment with sub zero altitudes in a flightplan. I'm using my Samsung S7 with Android 8.0. Everything went fine. Flew from my sun deck at the roof of my house to the garage 9m below this level and back to the top. In another test I flew at my "Launch Site" a very unpopulated area a short route well above 150m. Both with manually inserted values, both started well and all went OK.
I would like to shoot some videos from a cliff and flying only 10m above the sea. Rather then flying visually, I prefer flying according to a flight plan that I have prepared and carefully checked in advance. (For this I'm using the rather reliable maps of my Locus tracking app.)
I hoped I could use one of my android tablets - but had no luck.
Installed FF6, created a FLIGHTPLAN folder in the root directory of the internal memory, created in FF6 a flightplan, saved it, but it was always saved in the non accessible ... data/data... location.
Both tablets are from Samsung, running on Android 5 respectively Android 9.
What do I do wrong?

Installed FF6, created a FLIGHTPLAN folder in the root directory of the internal memory, created in FF6 a flightplan, saved it, but it was always saved in the non accessible ... data/data... location.
What do I do wrong?
You don't need root access, however I had the same experience, just would not acknowledge the external FLIGHTPLAN folder - then one day it just automagically worked !? I must have done something in the FF6 app to switch it over ? ?

I don't understand why the Flightplan are not in my data phone ... Where Parrot recording the Flightplan ?

I wonder what would happen if I took over manual control at the 600’ altitude.

Looks like I need to get an Android device. Any recommendations on a tablet?

Is there any way to achieve negative POI in Touch & Fly's POI mode?

Cheers.

I just created a single point flight plan on my tablet. Never done it before, but was just checking it was writing it in an accessible area, which it did fortunately as the device is NOT rooted.

Created the folder in:

Internal Storage -> FreeFlight6 -> FlightPlan -> Single_Point (Which is the name I gave it), and in the "Single_Point" folder was the:
  • SavedPlan.json
  • Screenshot.png

I had previously installed "Json Editor and Viewer" from the play store, and that was able to access the above .json file, edit & save.

So no rooted/hacked device needed. I will give this a try on my phone, but I would think it will be the same outcome.

Hope that helps in some little way, for those having issues getting the file.

What d95gas said. For android, no need to be rooted.

If you set a waypoint above 150m, it'll go to what you set it at and you can the fly around at that altitude manually. But you can not go higher and once you start to come down you can not go up again.

Keep in mind, if you make a flightplan and then go edit it, when you re-enter FreeFlight 6 you need to re-select that flightplan and hit 'load' on the flight plan again. Else it might not pick up your changes.

It has been a long time but today I finally flew my Anafi from the summit of a 140m high steep hill down to 30m above the sea. On the flight plan I had also a POI, a lighthouse which I was surrounding.
Everything went well until just beginning the return, I got a warning that after 5 min. Anafi will auto RTH. Had 65% battery charge left at this moment and 20 seconds later again a warning for auto RTH in 2min. After another 10 seconds it showed 1min. and immediately after that started the RTH at an altitude of - 110M.
A moment of horror! But the Anafi climbt 130m to +20m and came pin point back to the start point. The battery had now 47% left.
Can not explain the strange count down before RTH and the reason for activation of RTH. I should mention that the weather changed, shorly after the RTH began, a strong wind warning came up.
Anyone out there who has had similar experiences?
I have attached the .json file of this flight, if someone is interested in details. The
.json file had to be renamed. Please rename the .txt file to .json
Thank you

Attachments

• 0914_2019-10-10T122332+0100_843F09_0026..txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: Ratmir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member