Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New drone and love it, but having charger issues

beason

Reaction score
I purchased the bebop 2 kit with the skycontroller 2, and the VR goggles. This set came with a charger that will charge both the drone battery and the skycontroller battery. I have tried to purchase a second charger so that i can charge both at the same time, but have been unsuccessful. I have purchased three chargers that all look to be identical to the original, but none of the three will charge the skycontroller. When i use the original charger, to charge the drone battery. i get a very bright red light when charging and a very bright green light when full. When i use the replacements, i get a dim red light when charging and a dim green light when full.

When i use the original to charge the skycontroller, the charger does not light up, but the LED on the controller does. Showing red for charging and green for full. On the replacements, the led on the controller never lights up, and viewing the info on the phone connected app shows it not charging.

Both show a model number of CHA076001 and the input and output numbers match. the only difference is at the bottom the working charger states 1752AV06, where the non working one shows 1552A.

I have sent a message to parrot support this morning, but have not gotten a response yet.

Attachments

• 20190115_212525.jpg
    20190115_212525.jpg
    1,023.5 KB · Views: 14
After a little more research, i see that there is a skycontroller 2 charger, and a drone charger. both look the same, but unconfirmed what number is printed on them. Is it possible my kit came with the skycontroller charger, that also does the batteries?

would a 2 power charger work with regular batteries, and the skycontroller?

I purchased the bebop 2 kit with the skycontroller 2, and the VR goggles. This set came with a charger that will charge both the drone battery and the skycontroller battery. I have tried to purchase a second charger so that i can charge both at the same time, but have been unsuccessful. I have purchased three chargers that all look to be identical to the original, but none of the three will charge the skycontroller. When i use the original charger, to charge the drone battery. i get a very bright red light when charging and a very bright green light when full. When i use the replacements, i get a dim red light when charging and a dim green light when full.

When i use the original to charge the skycontroller, the charger does not light up, but the LED on the controller does. Showing red for charging and green for full. On the replacements, the led on the controller never lights up, and viewing the info on the phone connected app shows it not charging.

Both show a model number of CHA076001 and the input and output numbers match. the only difference is at the bottom the working charger states 1752AV06, where the non working one shows 1552A.

I have sent a message to parrot support this morning, but have not gotten a response yet.
Hello,

I see the charging issue, charger 1552A is using the wrong charge cable. Needs a cable with no arrow, I’m assuming it’s a 4-pin charger.
Charger 1752AV06 uses cable with arrow, that’s all it is.

With so many different types of Parrot chargers made, easily get mixed up at Parrot when boxing these up. You just need to locate the proper charge cable, either 4-pin or 5-pin whichever it takes but with no arrow for this particular charger 1552A.

Hope this helps, 1552A charger is probably good but you need the non-arrow for this charger. Here’s an example below, the long numbered chargers (1737AV06 & 1711BV06) use the arrow cable. An arrow is stamped on both charger and cable connector for these two particular chargers, the other chargers have no arrow which use non-arrow charge cables.

Hope this helps, private message me what you need. No charge, I’ll spare it if I have an extra.

PaulBFF1E5D8-629D-4DB8-AD0D-CB9752577B8C.jpeg 048A5BF0-F91C-40FA-9117-EB6EE224D784.jpeg

Wow, i didnt even think the cables were different. The second charger i bought only came with a drone cable, but im not sure if it had arrows or not. the one starting with 17 is the one that came with the kit, and the two cables im using. (drone and controller)

Let me see when i get home, but i probably need a controller cable with no arrow. (if the second charger came with the correct, non arrow cable)

Thanks!!

the cables were interchangeable on the charger boxes, all 4 pin on that side.

Ok great, let me see what I’ve have on 4-pin and will get back with you in a day or so.

Paul

looks like i have both cables for the arrow charger, but only a drone cable for the non arrow box. I need to source a non arrow SC2 cable.

now to mark them in a more visible way so that this doesnt happen again... lol

Checked my inventory, found what you need. With charger 1552A, I’ll send you a non-arrow cable for Bebop 2 drone battery. Use this 1552A charger with non-arrow cable for drone battery only, and continue using 1752AV06 charger with arrow cable for Skycontroller. I don’t have an non-arrow Sky controller cable for charger 1552A.

Please forward your mailing address, with forum private messaging. I’ll get this out to you, get you going.

Paul

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Thank you very much for the offer sir, but i have a drone cable already. I am using them in the way you described now that i understand the arrows. This will work fine, and i will eventually source a arrow SC@ cable.

Thanks!

After a little more research, i see that there is a skycontroller 2 charger, and a drone charger. both look the same, but unconfirmed what number is printed on them. Is it possible my kit came with the skycontroller charger, that also does the batteries?

would a 2 power charger work with regular batteries, and the skycontroller?
your 2 chargers 1 is for the batteries and the other is for the controller. but the plug in square part you use them on both batteries and charger. but I bought a triple balancing battery charger...and yes the light red only come on the contoller

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian