Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

new drone rules in canada are gonna keep people from flying after june 1, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter droner

Reaction score
sounds easy....must be certified ...test 35 questions...65 % to pass...recommend that you should take a drone course from a a certified school , these schools are not cheap....all for going outside and playing with a toy....and transport canada"s test you have 90 minutes to complete and you can retest after 24 hrs ...and there is a charge as well.....hmmmm

I don’t know how the rules are in Canada at the moment. But in many countries around the world there are very very strict. Much stricter than in the USA. For example here in Austria (Europe) you are not allowed to fly higher than 30meters and the drones „force“ must not be over 79joule. So basically you would not be allowed to fly higher than 16 Meter if you own a DJI Mavic Air with it’s 420gramms. A Mavic with 1KG would already be forbidden or at least restricted to maybe only 5-6 meters maximum height.

If you want to go higher, you would have to register and have an insurance, which would cost you around 450€ per year.

Word is from the Facebook users that have just completed the test even the advanced one is pretty easy. Just a money grab from the government from what I can tell. You got till June first to study up. I think most should get a 65% on their first try :)

Word is from the Facebook users that have just completed the test even the advanced one is pretty easy. Just a money grab from the government from what I can tell. You got till June first to study up. I think most should get a 65% on their first try :)
wonder how long before a copy of the test shows up online..lol

Something I have not seen or maybe missed is when we register are we registering the UAV or the person? The way it works in the USA is if you are recreational you only pay once no matter how many UAV's you have. It is only the Part 107 pilots that have to pay for each UAV.

In Denmark, the pilot must be registered to fly a drone with a weight over 250 grams or if it can fly over 50 km/h. The costs is converted 2 US $ to register. You also have to pass an online test with 10-15 questions. The costs I do not know because I have my permission to fly a UAV from other source. Furthermore, we must have an insurance that costs about 70 US $ per year (membership of the country's model flying organization). We got the rules last year. In EU, it has then been decided that the rules should be the same in all member states. It would come this or next year. In fact, with the new EU rules, it seems that the rules we have now in this country are being relieved on many areas.

Regards, Leif

I am a new drone owner as of this year, did a couple of test flights in the yard, read everything I could find about flying one in Canada, etc...

I just finish taking the test, some question I basically just guess but most are common sense. I also registered my drone, total cost $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut