Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New out of box download requirement

Simplyfly

Reaction score
The new out-of-box anafi bird wants to update from a "beta" firmware to the dreaded 1.64. The skycontroller wants to update from a 1.60 version to 1.63. These are all local (onboard) downloads and not from a Parrot server or the internet.

The ff6 from the playstore is on the phone which has wifi off, data off and no chip. Flying location is South America, not FCC.

From the gathered wisdom since the last fw update (1.64) - the falling birds, the FCC block out of the mod app - are there any suggestions on how to proceed setting up?

The bird and controller are connected (indoors) with FCC available since the anafi came from US, but even though it says FLY it will not fly, rather it passes to a window obliging the updates. At this point I have halted. Let me repeat, the bird has a "beta" firmware, no number, not 1.62 nor 1.63, it only offers to install 1.64. The sky controller is at 1.60 offering to got to 1.63.

I was unhappy with a previous anafi flying in CE. Loss of video and short distances. But the modded app and 1.63 fw saved the bird and I enjoyed video and long distance flights. Fun. This changed recently with the new fw update 1.64 causing the bird to fall from 25 ft height with 9% battery. That bird gives the Vertical Camera Error and that anafi does not fly anymore. The vertical camera connection looks good, I understand it could be a number of problems since it crashed.

I bought this new bird before I saw the recent posts on lost FCC access after fw 1.64. I hope to set it up in a way that I can get FCC in South America. It looks like I will have to install the local updates since I see no alternative to this initial setup. Knowledge, suggestions are welcome.

I wonder if this has been installed with the "In-House" version that came out some months ago, which resulted in a beta type firmware being pushed to the Anafi.

From what you are saying though, it sounds like you have no choice but to upgrade.

If its blocking you until you upgrade, you are going to be really stuffed.

Presume you have blocked all WiFi and gsm signals, may even be worth putting a firewall application on your device and see if you can block all traffic. If they are anything like DJI, they are transmitting & receiving data that is invisible to us unless you are purposely sniffing for it.

So for me the route would be to put one of the modded APK files on your tablet/phone, which will ensure that its force FCC.

As you say it is displaying FCC, but I would not use any other app than the modded one, then let it do the upgrade.

Others who have followed a similar process have been fine and stuck in FCC mode after update.

BUT, there is no guarantee...... we only have information from other who have gone before you.

The new out-of-box anafi bird wants to update from a "beta" firmware to the dreaded 1.64. The skycontroller wants to update from a 1.60 version to 1.63. These are all local (onboard) downloads and not from a Parrot server or the internet.

The ff6 from the playstore is on the phone which has wifi off, data off and no chip. Flying location is South America, not FCC.

From the gathered wisdom since the last fw update (1.64) - the falling birds, the FCC block out of the mod app - are there any suggestions on how to proceed setting up?

The bird and controller are connected (indoors) with FCC available since the anafi came from US, but even though it says FLY it will not fly, rather it passes to a window obliging the updates. At this point I have halted. Let me repeat, the bird has a "beta" firmware, no number, not 1.62 nor 1.63, it only offers to install 1.64. The sky controller is at 1.60 offering to got to 1.63.

I was unhappy with a previous anafi flying in CE. Loss of video and short distances. But the modded app and 1.63 fw saved the bird and I enjoyed video and long distance flights. Fun. This changed recently with the new fw update 1.64 causing the bird to fall from 25 ft height with 9% battery. That bird gives the Vertical Camera Error and that anafi does not fly anymore. The vertical camera connection looks good, I understand it could be a number of problems since it crashed.

I bought this new bird before I saw the recent posts on lost FCC access after fw 1.64. I hope to set it up in a way that I can get FCC in South America. It looks like I will have to install the local updates since I see no alternative to this initial setup. Knowledge, suggestions are welcome.

1. Download and install OFFICIAL version 6.6.2
2. Just follow the installation procedure of FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC
3. Then do the FW updates. I think you can't get the 1.6.3 fw version which is the most stable. You will be forced to install 1.6.4. version:mad:

Cross your fingers and hope you have a mod FCC. I don't know of any other process especially for NEW USERS who want mod FCC .....

1. Download and install OFFICIAL version 6.6.2
2. Just follow the installation procedure of FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC
3. Then do the FW updates. I think you can't get the 1.6.3 fw version which is the most stable. You will be forced to install 1.6.4. version:mad:

Cross your fingers and hope you have a mod FCC. I don't know of any other process especially for NEW USERS who want mod FCC .....
There would be a system with an android device with root access. I have the firmware 1.62 files of the controller but I miss those of the drone I only have the 1.61 and not 1.63. the files are here:
Anafi:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/anafi_4k/1.63
Controller:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/sky_controller_3/1.6.2
If delete this file and stay offline the app not show any firmware update:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/shared_prefs/firmwares.xml. If someone require i upload last stable firmware controller 1.62 but i have only 1.61 for anafi if someone have the last 1.63 is better.

Firmware files are also in the OBB file which can be viewed/extracted with 7zip BUT need to install the latest Google version of the APK first for it to then download the OBB file.

I can try it on my Rooted phone and see what I can grab

I tried getting the new bird setup with various phones and configurations, (FCC mod app, FakeGPS, no wifi, no location, no sim chip, etc), but the only chipless phone that let me setup the brand new bird was with Anafi's requirements (latest ff6 from playstore, Anafi updates through internet - fw was not local). After the bird and controller updates 1.64 and 1.63, it did show the US bird in South America to be set on channel 44 and 5.8 mhz indoor (only 44 was available in the FCC range, nothing from 36 - 52...) Took it out today and it flew great, no loss of video feed, but I have not ascertained whether I am flying with FCC benefits, I mistakenly left the geofence on so my distances were not sufficient to determine FCC and I did not check to see if it stayed on channel 44 outside with GPS connection. It may well be in CE. Next flight, better diligence should determine what I have. At least the first flight was fun with zero problems.firstflight s.jpg

Firmware files are also in the OBB file which can be viewed/extracted with 7zip BUT need to install the latest Google version of the APK first for it to then download the OBB file.

I can try it on my Rooted phone and see what I can grab

Hi
I have FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC installed on Samsung S8+ and firmware 1.6.3 (I haven't updated to the new 1.6.4)

OBB files were created when I installed the original version 6.6.2. Then I installed the mod apk as described in the ds2atc post (1st page).

Tell me if there is a way to help.

Hi
I have FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC installed on Samsung S8+ and firmware 1.6.3 (I haven't updated to the new 1.6.4)

OBB files were created when I installed the original version 6.6.2. Then I installed the mod apk as described in the ds2atc post (1st page).

Tell me if there is a way to help.
If you have a rooted android device need this file if you have:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/anafi_4k/1.63/anafi_update.tar.gz
I have only 1.61 stored but my firmware anafi is 1.63 deleted after update.

I think the 1.63 update must have been an over the air one. I have checked every OBB file from all the releases, and all the updates are there with the exception with the 1.63.

I think the 1.63 update must have been an over the air one. I have checked every OBB file from all the releases, and all the updates are there with the exception with the 1.63.
1.63 exit after 6.6.2app and for sure is not in the obb file. Downloaded the first time stay in the:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/anafi_4k
until you download the next firmware version. I have 1.61 old backup of data with app titaniumbackup. I forget to backup last stable 1.63.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar