Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Parrot Anafi owner -- charger questions...

ionicdrone

Reaction score
Dear All!

I bought an open-box no warranty, Anafi Drone, and also an extra battery for an additional $110 on amazon, battery will arrive in about two weeks, for now I use the battery that came, it lasts around 18 minutes per charge.

The drone package did not include a charger, at first I was thinking the seller didn't deliver me the full pack, but googled and find out, charger is not included.

Then I googled further, and official parrot website says, "use any USB phone charger".

So first charger I tried was OnePlus Warp charger, when connected I had an initial blink just it didn't charge, no led blinking.

So then I tried Xiaomi charger and this one charged the battery witnin approx 1.5 hours.

I attach photos of both chargers.

Questions:..

1. Any reason OnePlus charger did not charge it?

2. Could OnePlus charger damage the drone or the battery while was connected for approx 30 - 50 minutes until I understood it does not charge.

3. Does Xiaomi charger is good to use and totally safe and healthy for the battery and the drone?

4. Does the battery alone or when inside the drone, has protection against wrong chargers so those does not damage the battery or the drone?

This drone was a long time dream of mine, finally I found one here in Tbilisi and bought right away.

Thank you!

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 9
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 8
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 8
I use any charger thats in front of me,charge time is aprox.1.5-2 hours....most of my chargers are 5v2A or 5v2.5A

Reactions: Jules
Dear All!

I bought an open-box no warranty, Anafi Drone, and also an extra battery for an additional $110 on amazon, battery will arrive in about two weeks, for now I use the battery that came, it lasts around 18 minutes per charge.

The drone package did not include a charger, at first I was thinking the seller didn't deliver me the full pack, but googled and find out, charger is not included.

Then I googled further, and official parrot website says, "use any USB phone charger".

So first charger I tried was OnePlus Warp charger, when connected I had an initial blink just it didn't charge, no led blinking.

So then I tried Xiaomi charger and this one charged the battery witnin approx 1.5 hours.

I attach photos of both chargers.

Questions:..

1. Any reason OnePlus charger did not charge it?

2. Could OnePlus charger damage the drone or the battery while was connected for approx 30 - 50 minutes until I understood it does not charge.

3. Does Xiaomi charger is good to use and totally safe and healthy for the battery and the drone?

4. Does the battery alone or when inside the drone, has protection against wrong chargers so those does not damage the battery or the drone?

This drone was a long time dream of mine, finally I found one here in Tbilisi and bought right away.

Thank you!
Get USB-C PD (power delivery) that specifically states it will provide 12V at over 2A on multiple outputs simultaneously. I have a 65w Baseus that can charge the controller and 2 batteries in under an hour.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame