Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New parrot anafi today cant update the lastest firmware...

Black metal

Reaction score
Hi having issues with my new parrot anafi I have downloaded to lastest firmware updates but cant apply them as 1st of all I get a message saying unable to detect your controller and wifi says error with authentication..
I'm setting the wifi up correctly and plugging the USB A and C connected properly but failing to detect???? My phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note 9???any help on this please!!!!

1. Install Freeflight 6 v6.5.2
2. Charge controller and Anafi
3. Switch your Note9 to Airplane Mode
4. Open the controller
5. Connect controller and Note9 with USB cable
6. Freeflight 6 should launch
7. Switch Anafi on, wait for gimbal initialization.
8. Wait for both symbols (drone, controller) green in FF6
9. Make the updates by tapping on the drone / controller symbol and choose update

1. Install Freeflight 6 v6.5.2
2. Charge controller and Anafi
3. Switch your Note9 to Airplane Mode
4. Open the controller
5. Connect controller and Note9 with USB cable
6. Freeflight 6 should launch
7. Switch Anafi on, wait for gimbal initialization.
8. Wait for both symbols (drone, controller) green in FF6
9. Make the updates by tapping on the drone / controller symbol and choose update
Thanks but no it doesn't work controller is not detected and when selecting wifi says error occurred?

I never saw those messages.
Perhaps make screenshots and describe, after which of your actions the messages occur.

Right reset everything and started again I got the wifi to work so now have the lastest firmware, will fly using phone ok, but now the strange thing is when using the controller it shows on the app as not connected and no video feed but the controls work on the controller, what would cause that?? Thanks in advance

If Wifi on your phone is off, you should check the USB cable between smartphone and controller, perhaps also try another one.

Right reset everything and started again I got the wifi to work so now have the lastest firmware, will fly using phone ok, but now the strange thing is when using the controller it shows on the app as not connected and no video feed but the controls work on the controller, what would cause that?? Thanks in advance

Turn on the controller, turn on the Anafi. Plug the USB-C cable to the controller and the other end to the turned on Anafi. All LED lights on the battery will light up in a roll for a second. Once it does that turn everything off again and restart but this time with the USB cable going to your phone. Let us know if that worked.

Turn on the controller, turn on the Anafi. Plug the USB-C cable to the controller and the other end to the turned on Anafi. All LED lights on the battery will light up in a roll for a second. Once it does that turn everything off again and restart but this time with the USB cable going to your phone. Let us know if that worked.
Ok will try that I have already tried different cables the phone recognises the cable as it makes a noise when plugging in..will let you know how it goes thanks

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Just a thought : Have you selected the appropriate usb connection option in the phones settings menu ? Default is probally charge.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Just a thought : Have you selected the appropriate usb connection option in the phones settings menu ? Default is probally charge.
Yes enabled developers options and gone through all usb types I'm giving up now its clearly not working as it should the wifi works fine but the controller is just not connecting looks like its getting returned

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@alex