Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Pilot - St. Louis, MO

Reaction score
Howdy all! Just picked up my Anafi off of an eBay auction, and I was VERY excited to take it out for its maiden flight today. Conditions were a bit blustery so I kept her low to the ground, but she handled the occasional wind gust like a champ – as I knew she would, based on the numerous videos I watched before making the purchase.
This is my first drone, aside from a Syma X5C that I picked up for $40 to use as a practice drone. Hopefully I got all of my ground crashes & tree entanglements out of my system with THAT unit; to its credit, I always managed to knock it out of the branch that it was stuck in – once by lobbing sticks at it 20 feet up or so – and it always got airborne again after I picked it up & dusted it off.
Eventually I intend to use my Anafi for commercial work, particularly for real estate videos. I specifically selected the Anafi over other drones (esp. Mavic Air & Phantom) for its 4k video capability, gimbal versatility, quiet operation, and lack of pesky "no fly zone" impediments. At one point I was going to go with a Spark so I could practice and get up and running until I could upgrade, but decided to cancel that order & go for the Anafi since the price was right. Pretty sure I made the right call. ;)
I'm currently studying for my Part 107 exam which I'm hoping to take (and PASS) in a few weeks. Will let you know how that goes. Either way, I'm very glad to have found this community – I've already found a lot of great info here! :)

Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Hey , I did my ARMY AIT training at Fort Leonard Wood, MO.(that was 29 years ago :-O). I just want to say that I love my ANAFI!! I'm learning new stuff about it all the time. It has so many features and functions that I can't learn it in one day of messing around with it.

Reactions: TheDroneRanger
Glad you're enjoying your Anafi, man. I know I'm loving mine! My only problem is that the weather's been too crappy to fly lately: too much wind and rain. Can't wait for some warm sunny weather so I can really see what this bird is capable of! (...although truth be told, I should be taking advantage of this downtime to study for the FAA Part 107 test so can have fun AND make money with this thing.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood