Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Skycontroller 3 issue

You can charge the SC3 from a PC USB port. As long as you are using the USB-C Charge port on the controller and not the USB-A Device port. Only issue I have had with charging from PC is it is extremelly slow.

Attachments

• SC3.PNG
    SC3.PNG
    65.4 KB · Views: 20
I could not find any warning in the owners manual that says you can't charge the controller via a PC USB port. Did you read this somewhere or were you advised by their tech support that this couldn't be done? If yes, what are the consequences of charging via the PC USB-A port?
On page 32 of the manual you can find a hint that the battery will be discharged connected to a PC's USB-A port (Anafi switched on).
There is no general warning in the manual that says "Do not charge the battery via a PC's USB-A port!".
But my experience is, that depending on your PC the battery tries to charge the PC.

I spoke Parrot customer support. There is no inherent problem with changing the controller via the USB-A port (the one I used) on a PC. Based on what I was told there was a batch of bad batteries and I just happened to get two units that had the bad batteries. They advised me to return the unit to the vendor and give it another try.

Reactions: MustangPhil
I've just got my Anafi, and naturally i've plugged my drone and controller in USB-PD chargers (my pixel 2 xl) to charge. I tried connecting my phone to it after about 30 minutes or so through the cable to check it out for a bit.

When I open the controller, the LED on the front flashes a lot of colours. White, amber (some kind of white-red-ish), and blue sometimes. Sometimes it even flashes red, but not every time i try to connect to it. The phone reports 5% battery on the controller. I leave it in for another 20-30 minutes or so, and the phone now reports 7-8% battery, but then drops to 5% again in like a few seconds. I left the charger connected to it and connected my phone as well to try and update it and somehow manage to do the update.

After the update, the phone showed 100% battery on the controller. But I take the phone cable out, put it back in the controller, now it says 5% again, and red light flashes.

I'll leave it overnight to charge and see if there's any difference. But seriously, am I missing anything ? Why the hell does this not (really) go past 5% battery in a USB-PD charger ? Or if it does, it definitely doesn't report it. Is there something wrong with my skycontroller ?
I had same issue with One Plus 5T dash charger, after 1 hr controller didnt charged with Dash charger, and while charger connected i coonect phone to controller shows 100% and as removes charger its 9%.
after couple of day research i found that Controller only supports 2 A charger i tried with QC 3.0 charger 5V 2A charger and 5V 1A charger, all 3 charger charged controller perfectly (controller charged succesfully), while One plus Dash Charger is having 5V 4A output, it didnt charged any time, so i request you to use ordinary charger to charge SC3.
and u can use PD or QC3.0 to charge drone battery

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking