Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New user wants to fly!

Jmjumper

Reaction score
Hello all!
I just got a parrot bebop 2 (FPV pack) that I really was looking forward to enjoying, but I can't get it connected. I'm hopeful that one of more of you gurus on here can help me out. I'm using my moto Z2 play (Android 8.0). ( note- requires usb-C connection , but I have a cable)
Here's what happens -
1. Connect the battery to drone and power on. (Ok it hums to life and red light at flashing)
2. Connect the skycontroller2 and phone with cable.
3. Power on skycontroller . (Free flight Pro app launches version 5.2.5)
At this point I see my controller connected (battery %, top right), but not a drone. Top model in red says not connected, next to it (in green) says connect.
When I press connect it drops down a menu reading Bebop2-407... (white). After pressing this, you get a spinning propeller then it turns grey. No connection still.

Going to the phone wifi, I switch it to Bebop2-407403. Back in the app still no connection. I reached out to parrot support and they said I needed to update the drone. They emailed me How to update Bebop 2?
It doesn't work the directions are out of date I think. The "update" tab never appears, and their method of determining which version you have doesn't either as there is no "general" tab.
Any ideas?
V/R

P.S. Establishing wifi with the phone and drone BEFORE trying to connect seems to make no difference.
P.P.S. After research a bit on here, I've read this same problem. - once I connect the phone to bebop2 wifi, I go back into the app ( I've never seen video) when I press fly and film it reopens wifi settings. This shows that I'm connected to bebop 2. My only option is to close wifi or forget network.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome.
Bebop2 is a brilliant drone and i am sure you will have hours of fun with it,however i am not sure but think android 8 may be a part of problem and sure someone on here will be able to tell you more,but stick with it be worth it once you get connected.
You may like to google android8 probs or search on here for help.
Good luck and safe flying. Ian.

The first update method says "Note: The FreeFlight Pro app must have been connected at least once to the drone to scan for updates."
you can't connect so that's why you are not seeing the update tab. you will need to use the second method to do an update.

My connection procedure is, turn on BP2. connect phone to SC2, turn on phone. Make sure wifi is off on phone and airplane mode is on. Turn on SC2, it should start FFP. In a few seconds they will connect.

The first update method says "Note: The FreeFlight Pro app must have been connected at least once to the drone to scan for updates."
you can't connect so that's why you are not seeing the update tab. you will need to use the second method to do an update.

My connection procedure is, turn on BP2. connect phone to SC2, turn on phone. Make sure wifi is off on phone and airplane mode is on. Turn on SC2, it should start FFP. In a few seconds they will connect.

Fx1Mark : THANKS for responding!!!

Somehow I missed that little detail. This sucks for me as my old laptop died about 6 months ago. If there's no other way to update, I guess I'll have to return it.

you could install FFP on another phone or tablet (a friends) to do the update. then they can delete the app from their device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut