Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

No Info on Tablet Compatibility - Thermal Freeflight App

vkm083185

Reaction score
Hey, does ANYONE have a list of compatible tablets for the Freeflight Thermal App (or a positive experience with their tablet and the app)? I really don't need an answer like "well, most tablets should work if...." quite simply because, the best I can tell, this app is extremely picky about the host tablet(s) it runs on.

Yes, I understand that the version of Android is vital here, but apparently, also the model of tablet seems to have something to do with it. Any help would be appreciated. The Parrot site vacuums when it comes to info reference this issue, lol. Thanks in advance, y'all.

Well,most tablets should work...........:)..........hi,if you already own tablet i would go to play store and download Freeflight Thermal,if you can start app without crashing it then you should be fine....i have samsung galaxy tab e9 and every parrot app crashes on the start up....so there is one tablet i wouldnt recommend

Reactions: vkm083185
Thanks y'all, lol! Has anyone flown thermal (Freeflight Thermo App) with this tablet?

Specs - Wi-Fi Tabs SM-T350 | Samsung Galaxy Tab

Keep Calm...and Drone On!

Kevin

Hi.

Have no experience with the mentioned APP but can see your tablet is much RAM and engine weak compared to the newer tabs. Specs say 1.2 GHz Quad-Core, Qualcomm APQ 8016 and 1.5GB RAM.

Specs - Wi-Fi Tabs SM-T350 | Samsung Galaxy Tab

The only way you can find out if they work together is to try.

Regards Leif.

Hey, does ANYONE have a list of compatible tablets for the Freeflight Thermal App (or a positive experience with their tablet and the app)? I really don't need an answer like "well, most tablets should work if...." quite simply because, the best I can tell, this app is extremely picky about the host tablet(s) it runs on.

Yes, I understand that the version of Android is vital here, but apparently, also the model of tablet seems to have something to do with it. Any help would be appreciated. The Parrot site vacuums when it comes to info reference this issue, lol. Thanks in advance, y'all.
What version of Android is required? I have a Samsung galaxy tab 3 and I went to the play store and tried to search for the free flight thermal app and it didn't show up?? I searched for it on my phone and it instantly found the app. I downloaded it on my phone and did the compatibility test and it appears to work fine. I did, however, want the tablet to work so I could have a larger screen. Any ideas why it won't show in the play store on my tablet but will on my phone?
Just checked my wife's matching tablet. It doesn't show the app in the play store either .

Last edited:
What version of Android is required? I have a Samsung galaxy tab 3 and I went to the play store and tried to search for the free flight thermal app and it didn't show up?? I searched for it on my phone and it instantly found the app. I downloaded it on my phone and did the compatibility test and it appears to work fine. I did, however, want the tablet to work so I could have a larger screen. Any ideas why it won't show in the play store on my tablet but will on my phone?
Just checked my wife's matching tablet. It doesn't show the app in the play store either .

I have a tab S3 coming. I got a reply from Parrot after a few days of trying. They said the S3 would work. If yours is an S3, it should. I hope it will, as I just spent $400 on the tablet AFTER they said it would work.

I also know that the version of Android REALLY matters. On the Play Store FreeFlight Thermal description, it does show an S3 as compatible, but it also says something about a version of Android.

I'll have to figure it out when the Tab gets here. Personally I am an iOS guy as I work a LOT in the Adobe suite.

I will update if I get any more emails from Parrot. Best of luck!

Kevin

Is yours a Tab 3 or a Tab S3? The App shows an S3 only. Also, according to an email I got, the version of Android makes a difference. If the Tab doesn't have the correct version of Android (which may or may NOT be the latest), they said it wouldn't "show up".

Honestly, I thought the Tab 3 and S3 were the same. If so, maybe check the version of Android needed?

Kevin

Is yours a Tab 3 or a Tab S3? The App shows an S3 only. Also, according to an email I got, the version of Android makes a difference. If the Tab doesn't have the correct version of Android (which may or may NOT be the latest), they said it wouldn't "show up".

Honestly, I thought the Tab 3 and S3 were the same. If so, maybe check the version of Android needed?

Kevin
Kevin
Mine is just a Tab 3. It's a pretty old tablet. Running ( I think ) Android 4.4.2
I wouldn't worry, if you ordered the S3 and Parrot says it will work I'm sure it will.
Still don't understand why it doesn't show in the play store though. I thought even if the tablet wasn't compatable I would still be able to see the app listed.
Anyway I downloaded the app to my phone. I did the compatability test within the app and it seemed to work smoothly. I just ordered my bebop thermal so I don't actually have the drone yet. Hopefully it will work with my phone.
I can't afford anymore for a tablet right now after $1500 for the drone. It's not for commercial use, I'm using it for personnel use.
Will just have to deal with the smaller screen on my phone for now

Kevin
Mine is just a Tab 3. It's a pretty old tablet. Running ( I think ) Android 4.4.2
I wouldn't worry, if you ordered the S3 and Parrot says it will work I'm sure it will.
Still don't understand why it doesn't show in the play store though. I thought even if the tablet wasn't compatable I would still be able to see the app listed.
Anyway I downloaded the app to my phone. I did the compatability test within the app and it seemed to work smoothly. I just ordered my bebop thermal so I don't actually have the drone yet. Hopefully it will work with my phone.
I can't afford anymore for a tablet right now after $1500 for the drone. It's not for commercial use, I'm using it for personnel use.
Will just have to deal with the smaller screen on my phone for now

I noticed that the app wouldn't show on an older tablet I had as well, which is why I started emailing them, lol. Yeah, $1500 can be a little steep for personal use. I actually use it in my line of work. I am waiting for the tablet, then I have a thermal audit on a commercial building to do. The audit should pay for the tablet, but it'll be a few more on the drone itself. I've never used a Parrot (I have 6 DJI units). The drone is here. Just waiting for the tab. Good luck, and I hope you really enjoy it!

Kevin

PS: I have the exact cam that is on the drone. Use it all the time for inspection. It can be used on a phone or tablet separately from the drone, I think. It's not very high resolution, but with the type thermography I do, it's okay. It'll work well for basic thermal auditing.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I noticed that the app wouldn't show on an older tablet I had as well, which is why I started emailing them, lol. Yeah, $1500 can be a little steep for personal use. I actually use it in my line of work. I am waiting for the tablet, then I have a thermal audit on a commercial building to do. The audit should pay for the tablet, but it'll be a few more on the drone itself. I've never used a Parrot (I have 6 DJI units). The drone is here. Just waiting for the tab. Good luck, and I hope you really enjoy it!

Kevin

PS: I have the exact cam that is on the drone. Use it all the time for inspection. It can be used on a phone or tablet separately from the drone, I think. It's not very high resolution, but with the type thermography I do, it's okay. It'll work well for basic thermal auditing.
Kevin,
Feeling excited. Found a Samsung Galaxy Tab Active for sale used on facebook marketplace. The owner was even nice enough to download the Free Flight Thermal for me and run the compatibility checker while I was chatting with him. He sent a video of the compatibility video playing and it seemed to work well. Talked him down to $90. Picking it up tomorrow at 2 PM. Will be much better than flying at night with only my phone screen to look at.
Shannon

Reactions: vkm083185
Update: Galaxy Tab S3 arrived today. Hooked it up to my Bebop Thermal. After a quick update, and some calibration, it started right up! Man, the thermal is just what I had hoped it would be! I haven't flown it yet, only started the app, etc. inside. I have a commercial thermal audit early next week (roof only). I will update as things go along. For now, it is what I need. Have a great day, y'all!

Kevin,
Feeling excited. Found a Samsung Galaxy Tab Active for sale used on facebook marketplace. The owner was even nice enough to download the Free Flight Thermal for me and run the compatibility checker while I was chatting with him. He sent a video of the compatibility video playing and it seemed to work well. Talked him down to $90. Picking it up tomorrow at 2 PM. Will be much better than flying at night with only my phone screen to look at.
Shannon
Kevin,
Shannon
Good luck! I think the Active will work fine. Check the version of Android with the Bebop, but that' s all. Kevin

Good luck! I think the Active will work fine. Check the version of Android with the Bebop, but that' s all. Kevin
Turns out it was a 9.6 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab E. Guy didn't even know what type of tablet he had. I downloaded the app and ran the compatibility test. Seemed to work smoothly. I obviously don't have the drone yet. Supposed to be here October 5th. Its running Android 7.1.1 Tablet model number SM-T560NU Battery capacity 7300 mAH Should last a long time while flying!!
I can say this exact tablet runs the compatibility test on the app perfect. Maybe another tablet Bebop Thermal pilots can look at. $90 cash and I did a full factory reset and made it my own.

Update: Galaxy Tab S3 arrived today. Hooked it up to my Bebop Thermal. After a quick update, and some calibration, it started right up! Man, the thermal is just what I had hoped it would be! I haven't flown it yet, only started the app, etc. inside. I have a commercial thermal audit early next week (roof only). I will update as things go along. For now, it is what I need. Have a great day, y'all!

Congratulations on the result. I'm glad you found a cheap tablet that can run your software. :)

Regards Leif.

The FreeFlight Thermal app does not even display in the Google App Store unless you are making the inquiry from a device that is using Android 5.0 or higher. I still don't know which pad is best, or least likely to crash, but I'm going to get ahead of the update stream with a pad running no lower than Android 6.

By the way, since information is scarce on the topic, we should be compiling our own pad list along with reviews for each. An efficacy study is what is needed here.

Last edited:
Reactions: engine823

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut