Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Not happy with Parrot support right now, good bye Parrot!

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
So if anyone saw my other thread, I got a BB2 FPV pack at Christmas, and found they sent a BB2 Power battery and that instead of the right battery and charger for my BB2. So, I called Parrot support and they confirmed it was a mistake, her solution was "take it back to best buy." I told her best buy (at least this one) doesn't have any BB2s anymore. Her response was "maybe you can find one on Amazon" in other words, kiss off, you're stuck with it. I said so thats it? She said yes sir. On top of that, best buy didn't want to refund my money either! Finally after talking to a manager, I ended up with store credit, minus a 15% restocking fee. Needless to say I'm less than happy with Parrot, I'm no longer even considering the Anafe, as a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to go and buy an Autel Evo. Kiss that Parrot!!! >80(

I've heard about Best Buy charging a 15% restocking fee for drones. I would have thought Parrot would be aware of this as Best Buy seems to be their preferred US brick and mortar retailer. BTW Best Buy price matching is a scam as thy dictate who they will price match.

Honestly I was ok with the restocking fee just because iwas grateful the finally took it back. I really thought iwas s.o.l for a while. Btw- just gotmy evo, this almost certainly would have been an Anafe had iI like like Parrot gave a ****, instead of just leaving me high and dry. "Maybe you can find one on Amazon," jeesh.

Attachments

• 20190114_173134.jpg
    20190114_173134.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
that is some lousy customer service if you ask me. Parrot should be doing better than that. I think what we need is a parrot rep on this forum. I think I am going to contact them and just ask if they can start monitoring this forum for us. I know DJI does that for some of the DJI fanboy forums. Maybe if we had a parrot rep here, it would be good for us and them.

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
that is some lousy customer service if you ask me. Parrot should be doing better than that. I think what we need is a parrot rep on this forum. I think I am going to contact them and just ask if they can start monitoring this forum for us. I know DJI does that for some of the DJI fanboy forums. Maybe if we had a parrot rep here, it would be good for us and them.

I second this – giving Parrot a chance to respond, as it is always good to hear the other side. My experience with Parrot customer support (on two occasions) is excellent.

just a heads up that I have already reached out to Parrot to see if they will join the forum as a manufacturer voice. We will see what happens tomorrow. DJI does it for all their forums so I think it is something Parrot needs to do here.

Honestly I was ok with the restocking fee just because iwas grateful the finally took it back. I really thought iwas s.o.l for a while. Btw- just gotmy evo, this almost certainly would have been an Anafe had iI like like Parrot gave a ****, instead of just leaving me high and dry. "Maybe you can find one on Amazon," jeesh.

looks like the military grade case it's in

looks like the military grade case it's in
Its just a close up of the box it comes in. But I did get the deal with a shoulder bag and 2 extra batteries (backordered, but still awesome), and a $100 dollar best buy gift card. Can't beat that!

In full disclosure, the woman who took my call was polite, she just wasn't interested in helping. I figured at least she would have me send the battery and charger back for a replacement, especially after saying it's incorrect and their fault... at least!?

I have the entire support call recorded if Parrot does ever show up and would like to hear it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
I second this – giving Parrot a chance to respond, as it is always good to hear the other side. My experience with Parrot customer support (on two occasions) is excellent.
That's what I heard regarding their support, that its excellent. That's why i was so surprised this call went the way it did.

I'm on the side with being unhappywith Parrot support. The batteryin my SkyController2 is the cylindrical one and looses charge without using iy. Parrot wanted the serial nomber of my BeBop2 Fpv which I sent them a picture with all the info. They sent me a web site with the wrong battery. Second attempt they said the battery was not a good one and to fill out the attached form. I did an then received another with the same request. I filleditout again. Then they wanted a picture of the battery. I sent a picture with battery and all the SkyCroller info and version number. Now they say they want a video og the problem. I give up. They are just running mein circles.

So if anyone saw my other thread, I got a BB2 FPV pack at Christmas, and found they sent a BB2 Power battery and that instead of the right battery and charger for my BB2. So, I called Parrot support and they confirmed it was a mistake, her solution was "take it back to best buy." I told her best buy (at least this one) doesn't have any BB2s anymore. Her response was "maybe you can find one on Amazon" in other words, kiss off, you're stuck with it. I said so thats it? She said yes sir. On top of that, best buy didn't want to refund my money either! Finally after talking to a manager, I ended up with store credit, minus a 15% restocking fee. Needless to say I'm less than happy with Parrot, I'm no longer even considering the Anafe, as a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to go and buy an Autel Evo. Kiss that Parrot!!! >80(
well I would either took that loss and went on ebay and got the correct items or I would have sold it. this way no money lost well not a 15% restocking fee.

I have found parrot phone support good however, there repair service is non existent. I have had about 12 cases since 2016 on 5 Parrot drones. The BB2 parts were sent to me by Parrot and in 3 cases they replaced drone.

On the plus side BB2 and Disco are easy to rebuild with a lot of parts around. The Ananfi is a lot harder because of the folding arms I crashed one 12/8 and still was not able to get parts by 1/30 so I bought another and sold the broke one off in pieces on Ebay net cost was about 150 for 150 flights .

Last edited:

That is too bad. I have heard of decent customer service in the past including
replacement drones. Did you open a ticket ? I would have tried try calling a second time and maybe the next person would have done the right thing. If Not I would have asked if it is true that Parrot laid off 100 people earlier this year and then if there is any basis to the rumors that Parrot may go under. When they say no, politely tell them they will without the customer service they used to have.
FWIW, you cannot even talk to anyone at DJI. Sorry to hear of your experience. Customer Service used to be one of the good aspects of buying Parrot.

Agreed it was very good until Anafi. DJI support is horrible I have Inspire 1 and Mavic 2 and never call its usless. If I crash hard I open a DJI repair ticket and have found ther repair service top notch.(of course its not free)

The Best Buy restocking fee is only if the drone is returned and it works as advertised. Did the unit work with the battery supplied? If not there should have been no restock fee.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut