Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nothing more than an expensive and overpriced toy

Gualtair

Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrogualtieri.com
Hi everybody,
I very much hate to rain on your parade, but being an enthusiastic and quite experienced DJI drones owner, I reckon that the Anafi is just an overpriced, dangerous toy. To begin with, the fixed 20-metre RTH altitude is a joke, especially considering the lack of obstacle sensors. Then, my drone keeps on losing connection at some 300 mt. distance and instead of triggering RTH (or at least let me initialise that sequence) keeps on floating in the air like a complete... idiot!
I think that the money spent on the Anafi is probably the worst ever spent on a simple.. toy. How could Parrot possibly think about competing with DJI with such crap on the market is still a big mistery to me.
Your comments will be much appreciated.

Good day
Sorry you are having problems with the Anafi.
With every new UAV owners will have a different experience. So far mine has worked as advertised. Yes the RTH should be adjustable but it is not the end of the world. My older UAV's all had fixed heights and it was never a problem. A experienced operator should know his surroundings and fly accordingly.
Your RTH problem I would contact support about it. I would say for some reason it is not setting home point.
What kind of phone or tablet are you using. Are the two GPS icons turning green before you take off? If not this could be another reason it has no idea where home point is.

Reactions: borobudur
Hello Augustine, thank you very much for your reply. I agree with you about "experienced operators dealing with RTH and the surrounding environment", although the fixed height issue is definitely unacceptable, especially these days with such strong DJI competition. I DO sincerely hope that Parrot is upgrading this feature in the nearest possible future.I am currently using an iPhone 7 Plus running Freeflight 6 (is it stilla Beta version?!). Both GPS indicators were perfectly ON/green at the time of the two incidents I mentioned before. The second time, the drone lost connection, than I somehow manage to retain stick control, with a perfectly frozen screen on my cellphone. Luckily I was able to bring the drone back home manually.
In a nutshell, I really think that the Free Flight 6 app for iOS has got to be upgraded/patched and further developed as soon as possible, don't you think so?

I have seen others complain about the iOS version also. Some have had success by unplugging the cable to the phone and plugging it back in to reconnect. I am running a Android phone (LG G6) with no problems. This posted on another forum. They know they have problems to work out.

"... We do apologise for the inconvenience. We do suggest client to use the latest generation smartphones bearing the latest IOS/Android version, and it does happen that few other smartphones do nor work properly with our drone due to the internal components, since as KINDLE FIRE for instance. Sorry for the inconvenience again .... "

Yes, you're right and I'm about to test my Anafi with an Android phone this time - hopefully it'll work better. Honestly, unplugging and plugging any device back in during a flight feels just a biiiiit uncomfortable, I'm sure you'll agree ;-)
I will keep everybody posted about my further tests.

Hi everybody,
I very much hate to rain on your parade, but being an enthusiastic and quite experienced DJI drones owner, I reckon that the Anafi is just an overpriced, dangerous toy. To begin with, the fixed 20-metre RTH altitude is a joke, especially considering the lack of obstacle sensors. Then, my drone keeps on losing connection at some 300 mt. distance and instead of triggering RTH (or at least let me initialise that sequence) keeps on floating in the air like a complete... idiot!
I think that the money spent on the Anafi is probably the worst ever spent on a simple.. toy. How could Parrot possibly think about competing with DJI with such crap on the market is still a big mistery to me.
Your comments will be much appreciated.
Awe Sheeeeeet! All my toys are to expensive especially the one I call my wife !! ;)

Reactions: AR23
Hi everybody,
my drone keeps on losing connection at some 300 mt. distance
Hi,before connecting phone to controller go to phones setting and Turn On Airplane Mode,connect to controller,in freeflight6 hit setting/network and make sure frequency is set to 2.4ghz and not ALL,test it!!

Reactions: AR23 and atis
I tried putting my phone into "Airplane Mode" and this time using an Android device with FreeFlight 6 app.
Same ****** results: the drone lost video feed connection within less than 200 mt.
Geez, I'm definitely going to resell this piece of crap. Anybody interested?

I tried putting my phone into "Airplane Mode" and this time using an Android device with FreeFlight 6 app.
Same ****** results: the drone lost video feed connection within less than 200 mt.
Geez, I'm definitely going to resell this piece of crap. Anybody interested?
Odd, I tried setting the RC to 2.4 Ghz and lost a lot of signal (1 Bar) set it to "All" and had a full set of bars, I'm not a huge range guy but I consistently get 600-800 Meters plus in a suburban setting, This more that satisfies my needs for my type of filming.

I was out this morning and had a hard time staying connected. I ended up changing out that cheap cable they supply with one of my Anker cables and the problem never came back. Not saying this is your problem but just passing on some info.

Reactions: QuadKid
Yep, I was using a high quality cable too, but still ..... the "toy remains the same" :)))))
Anyway, I'm off to the mountains tomorrow and I'll fly both my Anafi and my Mavic Pro. When I'm back next week, I'll post a comprehensive report for everybody to share. Cheers!

LOL
Glad you had a good time visiting my country. You really need to be careful where you fly in Canada with all the new rules. You could end up with a $3000 dollar fine if you are dumb :)
Canada is so large it is hard to break any rules but they are there so make sure you know them.

Something is wrong with your setup or you are having major interference issues in your area. I got 750 meters out the other day..... just with my smartphone, no controller.

Attachments

• 37318019_2043958358949794_5820894989298696192_o.jpg
    37318019_2043958358949794_5820894989298696192_o.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 18
Yep, I was using a high quality cable too, but still ..... the "toy remains the same" :)))))
Anyway, I'm off to the mountains tomorrow and I'll fly both my Anafi and my Mavic Pro. When I'm back next week, I'll post a comprehensive report for everybody to share. Cheers!
hi,wifi interferance will cause short range,your location says you are in italy,so you are flying under CE,strenght of your signal is aprox. 100mW,if you switch to FCC your signal strenght will be around 400mW.....here is video posted by Bebop Pro developer,explains how to trick Anafi to fly FCC

This really is a pretty fantastic community here when you read comments from this guy like "I think that the money spent on the Anafi is probably the worst ever spent on a simple.. toy. How could Parrot possibly think about competing with DJI with such crap on the market is still a big mistery to me." and "Geez, I'm definitely going to resell this piece of crap." and you still take the time to try and help this guy out. Big kudos to you guys. You are all going way above and beyond anything I would do for someone talking like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame