Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

OTG download photos from anafi?

pierdzacy

Reaction score
Hi
Is there an option to download on phone photos and videos from Anafi directly by OTG cable?
I have OnePlus phone and I using my phone to download videos via OTG cable from my DJI Osmo Action Camera, this is better option than wifi connectiong because is faster. Can I do same with Parrot Anafi?
For example If I turn on Parrot Anafi and connect to PC, my PC detects sd card??

Thanks for help

Yes, it's possible to connect a USB OTG cable to the phone and the Anafi, and the phone detects the Anafi's SD card as a removable USB drive on the phone. I tested it with an LG V30 that supports USB OTG and, as you can see in the attached picture, you can read and transfer the Anafi's SD card media to the phone. However, the OTG connection is very finicky and delicate; I had to try connecting the cable a few times until the phone detected the SD card as removable drive. And once connected, don't touch or move the setup! Just a slight touch or movement to the cable, phone or drone, causes the data connection to disconnect, and you have to connect the cable again to regain access to the Anafi's SD card contents. So yes, it works, but it can be prone to connection unstability and has to be done with care. Of course, results may vary with different phones and OTG cables, but in my experience using OTG phone connections to storage devices, using different phones, cables and devices, USB OTG connections tend to be quite finicky and the slightest movement causes the connection to drop. So be sure once it makes the data connection, to leave everything in a stable surface, free from movements, so the connection won't drop during transfer. Hope it helps.52DD959B-D5B1-454F-AC5B-7EDC8E83571A.jpeg

@
neworldphoto

thanks man! i have good experience with OTG cable and connect DJI Osmo Action with my phone Oneplus 3T, i think this is fault ot your phone or your OTG cable. I see that you used adapter, I connect to my camera via OTG cable, was little expensive than adapter but is stabillity, mostly I downloaded photos and videos when traveling in bus and car etc. so try change on cable ROCK company.
When I back home I try my cable with Parrot Anafi

Yes, it's possible to connect a USB OTG cable to the phone and the Anafi, and the phone detects the Anafi's SD card as a removable USB drive on the phone. I tested it with an LG V30 that supports USB OTG and, as you can see in the attached picture, you can read and transfer the Anafi's SD card media to the phone. However, the OTG connection is very finicky and delicate; I had to try connecting the cable a few times until the phone detected the SD card as removable drive. And once connected, don't touch or move the setup! Just a slight touch or movement to the cable, phone or drone, causes the data connection to disconnect, and you have to connect the cable again to regain access to the Anafi's SD card contents. So yes, it works, but it can be prone to connection unstability and has to be done with care. Of course, results may vary with different phones and OTG cables, but in my experience using OTG phone connections to storage devices, using different phones, cables and devices, USB OTG connections tend to be quite finicky and the slightest movement causes the connection to drop. So be sure once it makes the data connection, to leave everything in a stable surface, free from movements, so the connection won't drop during transfer. Hope it helps.View attachment 3346
Thanks, with a samsung 9 note, and a OTG plug, works without any kind of problems. I found the transmission slow. With the same cable works fine, connected to a PC (without OTG). I found the transmission slow.

Hi
Is there an option to download on phone photos and videos from Anafi directly by OTG cable?
I have OnePlus phone and I using my phone to download videos via OTG cable from my DJI Osmo Action Camera, this is better option than wifi connectiong because is faster. Can I do same with Parrot Anafi?
For example If I turn on Parrot Anafi and connect to PC, my PC detects sd card??

Thanks for help
I don't understand two things:
1. Why not try it instead of asking a question?
2. Why waste battery cycles and load drone cooling with this solution? (why not take the SD card out of the osmo and drone and put it in a card reader? This is the fastest and most gentle solution ...)

Reactions: edwardfcy1970

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante