Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Overriding Anafi Auto-Return to Home feature? Is there a way to disable?

Waldo Pepper

Reaction score
Hello Parrot friends,

Although I’m a long time Parrot Bebop 2 user, I’m a new Anafi user. Just picked a used model, great price because it has Gimbal issues. But I can still fly it and clearly see the terrain, just won’t move up or down and currently have Gimbal stationed in one position. Overall, love it as it flys great.

Does anyone know how I can override the Anafi’s Auto-Return feature when it kicks in on low battery, I know it calculates wind and distance to bring it back safely. But it’s kicking in too soon, Its returning with plenty of battery left. Would like to squeeze out another couple of minutes.

Added on a different antenna setup to increase range, so far have flown 3.4 miles twice as crow flies with this setup. Clear video too, not even boosted. Hoping to squeeze out another couple of minutes before Auto-RTH kicks in, love the way Anafi flies.

Appreciate the help, All the best.
Paul

76A81AC5-016D-463B-AF1F-BC96C456045F.jpeg

Reactions: ioannis78
That modded remote control looks like an absolute BEAST.
Also: 3.4 mile range? That's pretty amazing! :eek:

That modded remote control looks like an absolute BEAST.
Also: 3.4 mile range? That's pretty amazing! :eek:
Hello Drone Ranger,

It’ll auctually fly further, but the Auto-RTH would kick in. Now with information from Dirk, hopefully go 4 miles and safely return. I’ll try again tonight, before dark sets in.

Thanks for the encouraging words ?
Paul

Any details on the antenna mod?

Looks interesting. Never seen one with the fittings mounted on the bottom of the controller before but looks like a good idea. The antenna looks like this one from ebay. Don't think its a hard mod to do but I think I would do it on a spare controller just in case :)

I don't have the app to check but in follow Anafi returns to the tablet/controller if equipped with GPS (required for follow).

I always use return to me when available.

Any details on the antenna mod?
The company I purshased the antennas from are out of business, was originally purchased for my Mavic Pro. But this antenna still works With 2.4ghz drones including my Bebop 2, had to select manual 2.4ghz, and an open channel which was 6 at the time.

Just an hour ago, took the Anafi 4 Miles out 4 Miles back for 8 Miles total . Landed with 2% battery left, auctually landed in its own as it was a few feet from me. Was an amazing flight, the antenna mod greatly enhances reception. Will probably go five miles as crow flies, but there isn’t enough Battery left to bring it back.

Amazing drone, just received it two days ago this Wednesday. Added the antenna setup yesterday, perfect setup no need for boosters.

All the best,
Paul

Reactions: AnafiPilot
Looks interesting. Never seen one with the fittings mounted on the bottom of the controller before but looks like a good idea. The antenna looks like this one from ebay. Don't think its a hard mod to do but I think I would do it on a spare controller just in case :)

Hello Augustine,

Thank you and thank you for your continuous support and help, great hobby we have bringing a smile ear to ear.

The antenna on eBay you posted is similar, purshased mine in a kit for the Mavic Pro. Tge company has since went out of business. Somehow this antenna always ends up on all my drones, great for entrancing reception.

Just received the Anafi this Wednesday, two days ago. Was used with defective Gimbal, but still has video feed just can’t move the Gimbal.

Thanks again,
Paul

I don't have the app to check but in follow Anafi returns to the tablet/controller if equipped with GPS (required for follow).

Thank you Vegas,

Dirk-Anafi provided the information, when it pops up press Stop RTH on upper app flight screen. I did that on it’s last flight an hour ago, flew 4 miles out 4 miles back, barely made it back as it landed a few feet from me at 2% battery.

Thanks again for looking into this, appreciate al the help here I’m still new with the Anafi.

All the best,
Paul

Can we get a quick how to on your bottom mount attachment method and possibly a few more photos from different angles?

Do you need to be in activated Follow Me mode to have it return to the controller, or just is it enough to have the app installed ?

Today I had to walk 400 meters in a field to get my Anafi back, I cancelled the RTH but too late, I was thinking it would return to the point my controller was, but it RTHed to the first point where the GPS position was found, and that was maybe 2-3 minutes after the launch (which is a tad long since I made it climb to 70 meters to have a clear GPS reception)...

Would be good to get some pics of various angles of the mod you have there Waldo Pepper :) maybe even a couple of it disconnected. there are a couple of guys who are pretty hot at the 3D printing, might even be able to build something in-house as it seems the suppliers of the similar mod are not that reliable (y)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood