Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot anafi camera issues! Anyone else experience these?

Owners_

Reaction score
Lately, only sometimes, when going through startup procedure the camera gimbal will get stuck facing all the way up and banging back and forth from left to right until I turn it off. The drone connects to the controller and the app and I can see the live video of it going crazy. Is there something wrong with it or has anybody else experienced this?

Also, only sometimes, I get a slight double exposure on photos when zoomed. Both with the controller zoom or when zooming in the photo after download. Could this be a calibration issue or software?

Just seeing if anyone else has experienced either of these issues, or if there's a known fix for either.

I pre ordered this drone when it first came out for photography but haven't used it very much. And it has never been crashed or damaged in any way. Also I have the most recent updates

Thank you!

Do mean like this video? If so then yes it seems to be happening a lot lately. I have seen several people posting about it on the various Facebook Groups. This is where I got this video from. I would say start a ticket with Parrot to get it sorted out. And good luck.

Thank you! Yes that looks like it. I looked around a bit but didn't know how to describe it correctly for a search

Good morning from Greece,

same after latest updates like video, but after many flights when I opened the camera, calibration is ok without any issues. I reset the drone from FF6, calibrate camera and drone and didn't happened again. I think that is not a problem. I have about 20 flights after updates and all seems ok.

Reactions: dashSolo
When you say reset it from ff6 do you mean reset the drone through the app when you are linked to your phone/device? Or you reset the app? That sounds easy enough I was even considering a factory reset

I don't know how clear I was but it doesn't do it every time, and when it does I turn it off and back on and it has not done it twice in a row yet.

Also I contacted parrot and await a reply

good morning,

reset it from FF6 when drone and SC3 are open, after calibrate drone and camera. Try to calibrate away from the house, so it doesn't have short signals wifi. I had this issue, but now after many flights, it has never happened to me again. If Parrot answer you then tell us what they said.

UPDATE: I said I would if parrot responded-
parrot responded today, apologized for the late reply, and told me To perform a hard reset. 20191108_191632.jpg

Reactions: dkokki
I wrote before days that my Anafi do it same thing, but for 20 flights after No. Yesterday it do it again, I close it and after when I opened, everything fine. I think that is not a problem if some times it does.

I think they did something in the 1.6.1 & 1.6.2 firmware, I never saw it on my drones until the firmware was updated.

It has only done it a few times, and it is possibly caused by outside interference - few times happened with the Anafi plugged in to the computer USB, and other times near a power station & power lines.

And that response from Parrot is pretty poor - clearly this never happened before and it is a new thing which is occurring with the new firmware, so at least acknowledge that and say why to re-assure the customer that there is no hardware issue.

I had the same problem about a month ago. Ended up doing a camera calibration and then it did not happen again. (Fingers crossed)

I think they did something in the 1.6.1 & 1.6.2 firmware, I never saw it on my drones until the firmware was updated.

It has only done it a few times, and it is possibly caused by outside interference - few times happened with the Anafi plugged in to the computer USB, and other times near a power station & power lines.

And that response from Parrot is pretty poor - clearly this never happened before and it is a new thing which is occurring with the new firmware, so at least acknowledge that and say why to re-assure the customer that there is no hardware issue.

Same here, Mine started having this type of behavior with the latest update. After reset, everything’s ok. Or. Flying in racing mode also creates the same gimbal issue, have to bring it back to reset.

Paul

I recently also faced the following problem :

- Anafi did the ‘ Side node head motion’ endlessly with the Gimbal at startup sequence and no more video feedback on the phone (happend just once and never did it again after reset and startup on the field)
- Fly with Pix4DCapture with programmed journey and then fly again with FF6 in ‘free flight’ but struggled with no feedback black screen with snow until I reset the drone and the controller.

it all started to happen after the updated. Never had that before.

I also have the feeling that the ‘New’ start-up sequence after update involves wider motions than before the update (maybe just a feeling, please confirm).
Wider and faster motions of the gimbal are also met during FPV mode when the ‘airplane mode view’ is activated...

So the problem may be due to the fact that in some Anafi, the initial setting leads to a little contact of the gimbal on the main body frame then to an error (please check if anything on the gimbal does a little ‘click’ on the frame ?), or ‘too wide camera motions’ during some type of flights.

I also had a setting with ‘horizontal neutral camera position’ aiming a little higher above the horizon (I did that to avoid filter contact with the frame in extreme motions of the camera). Can you also check your initial horizontal setting if any change was done ?

If this theory is exact (I can’t confirm that but I’m doing tests), that would explain Parrot’s procedure to reset the drone and the camera setting to avoid this kind of problem...

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I am on number 5 in 18 months with 400 totalflights. Still was having that error occur until I changed by shutdown and startup sequence. For the past 3 months I reset the camera to default position (on SC3) before shutdown no problems for 50 flights . Today I started in vertical position by accident (seems to confuse anafi) and I had the error. I reset the camera to default position (SC3), shutoff and powered up no issues. Three of my Anafi's that were replaced by Parrot had gimbal issue. Still a great little drone with great software integration . Parrot should offer Care Paks like DJI.

Last edited:
Just flew both my Anafi with latest update, using Racing mode. The first Anafi was doing great, loving racing mode boy it’s like flying an airplane. Then, Panned camera down to see ground level, camera went crazy had to hit return to home to bring it back.

Second Anafi, no issues with Racing mode works like it should, I’m not using googles but do like the airplane screen movements, it’s like flying an airplane. Allows user to see the hidden scenes as you bank left or right, less chance of a collision into something.

Love the Anafi, I almost ordered the Mavic mini but canceled my order few days later, Anafi has much more to offer.

Paul

Reactions: Frontier
Actually I think it is a problem with the flex as it happens with the mavic pro, I tried to disassemble a damaged anafi camera but it is impossible for me to completely disassemble it despite having safety rings that hold the gimbal motors, I can't do it Remove to use that flex for another anafi that I have to repair, in the anafi page and in videos it is seen how to disassemble everything but it is not said how to completely disassemble the camera besides that they do not sell those spare parts anywhere, and buy one torn apart from a drone practically costs you almost half the price of anafi, the truth is not worth it.

Do mean like this video? If so then yes it seems to be happening a lot lately. I have seen several people posting about it on the various Facebook Groups. This is where I got this video from. I would say start a ticket with Parrot to get it sorted out. And good luck.

Actually I think it is a problem with the flex as it happens with the mavic pro, I tried to disassemble a damaged anafi camera but it is impossible for me to completely disassemble it despite having safety rings that hold the gimbal motors, I can't do it Remove to use that flex for another anafi that I have to repair, in the anafi page and in videos it is seen how to disassemble everything but it is not said how to completely disassemble the camera besides that they do not sell those spare parts anywhere, and buy one torn apart from a drone practically costs you almost half the price of anafi, the truth is not worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian