Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PARROT ANAFI Co. - I NEED SOME EXPLANATION FROM YOU

crossroad

Reaction score
With my First Anafi I never managed to register through the application (6.6.2)
I sent a message, it was never resolved !!!
After a month I asked for a change because there were some problems with the construction of the hind legs.
They responded quickly (AMAZON.DE) from which I had purchased it.
And with the second drone I have now, again I can't register !!!!
I've written to them many times and haven't solved it yet!
I suspect that the drone I bought is not new and maybe the previous user (?) Has registered with their server using the specific drone hardware code and therefore I can't register.

I asked them to confirm my theory or reject it and they never replied !!!!

If my theory is correct (I really don't want it) then it is at least a deliberate fraud.
I will investigate how to legally oblige them to answer me:
Have I bought a new drone or not?

Why is it so important to register ? , you know that they , (with your registration locate you) and send your data to anybody , authority ,,, , i for one never register anymore , my flight are not recorded and i couldn't care less ,( my drone is out of warranty anyway (Canada))

What you mean is that you cannot register an account using the application?
If so, just go to parrot.com on PC and register an account there. After done, just use the same credentials on the application. That's how I did it back when I ordered it.

If you bought it through Amazon and you got a used drone, that's Amazon's fault, not Parrot's, but I doubt it. You have to deliberately try to buy a used drone to get one from Amazon.

Yes, it's written in the EULA that they collect data of you share it with them, just like any other online service does nowadays. With updates coming fairly often to the application and also me reinstalling my phone every once in a while, I found that sharing data with them and saving flight info on their servers is more convenient to me as I can still access these after deleting my data from the phone and reinstalling everything. But this is my personal opinion. I doubt they would do anything with your data and your location. If you use internet at all, you can be tracked anyway.

After a month I asked for a change because there were some problems with the construction of the hind legs.
I suspect that the drone I bought is not new and maybe the previous user (?) Has registered with their server using the specific drone hardware code and therefore I can't register.

If my theory is correct (I really don't want it) then it is at least a deliberate fraud.
Why do I want to register? This is not a prerequisite for flying. I did not register. I upload flight logs to Google Drive and view them from there.

Dear friends, let me explain:
1. I have warranty because I bought the drone in late November 2019 . If there is a crash and I do not have detailed flight records (it has happened to many on the site) how will I prove I am not responsible? Only if flights are logged on Parrot's servers. For this to happen I need to have registration, right? I asked this question to Parrot and of course I never got an answer.
2. I honestly don't care to register.
I'm just trying to figure out what the consequences will be (if any) of a fall
3.I am very suspicious of the following reasons:
- I can't subscribe to 2 different drones
- They never answered the question whether my drones were new or not.
For me this is very important.
It is another thing for the company to inform you that the product they are selling has been refurbished and another that the product is brand new. Initially there should have been a price difference and of course, if there was an update in advance, I would not be very likely to buy a refurbished one.

The flight data is recorder in real time on the drone. Once the drone lands, it gets transferred to your phone. If you have an account with Parrot, then it gets uploaded to their servers(but you can turn this off). If you don't have an account, then it gets stored on your phone locally.

Proving who's at fault is only a problem when you lose the drone. If there's a crash and you have access to the front after the accident, the data will be on the memory card (assuming it stays in the drone at the time of crash).

The reason why people are recommending recording your screen while flying is to avoid this kind of problem. Even if you lose the drone, you'll have the screen recording available.
If you'd like to claim a warranty repair or replacement you'll need to send these logs to them, and wait for answer.

To get the rights for repairing or replacing, you don't need to have an account or registration with them, just the receipt from the place of purchase.

Having the account just makes it more comfortable for some people, but it doesn't give you any extra service or rights apart from the cloud storage for the flight data.

Proving who's at fault is only a problem when you lose the drone. If there's a crash and you have access to the front after the accident, the data will be on the memory card (assuming it stays in the drone at the time of crash).

The reason why people are recommending recording your screen while flying is to avoid this kind of problem. Even if you lose the drone, you'll have the screen recording available.
If you'd like to claim a warranty repair or replacement you'll need to send these logs to them, and wait for answer.

For this reason I insist on being able to register. !
There is also a difference, you can no longer subscribe (and in my view it requires research into what this totally strange event is about) and another you choose not to subscribe.

If you are using a screen recorder apk (I thought and would like a suggestion on what is the best program for android) what happens is that the loss of battery of the mobile due to the use of the program will be replaced by RC power supply, which will reduce its running time! Today with 4 batteries, 100% mobile and 99% RC, after 4 flights, RC battery life is 23%!
Understand what happens if a screen recorder apk is used....

If you bought it through Amazon and you got a used drone, that's Amazon's fault, not Parrot's, but I doubt it. You have to deliberately try to buy a used drone to get one from Amazon.

I have been purchasing systematically from AMAZON for the last 5 years.
It is the first time I am requesting a replacement after 1 month of use and within 3 days they send me another replacement.
In both cases, however, the packages did not appear open.
But in the 1st drone, the case seemed to be slightly used.
ALWAYS BUY NEW ITEMS.
And I know there is a price difference if one wants to buy used or refurbished from AMAZON.
But what about the company PARROT that supplies AMAZON?
Shouldn't the company itself answer directly to me the question of whether the 2 drones I supplied were refurbished or new?
I asked this question to PARROT, BUT ANSWER TODAY I DIDN'T GET IT.

Your expectation of good customer service from Parrot is probably a waste of good energy.
I do not think you can realistically expect a reply from Parrot.Ever.
Unless you phone and talk to someone. Even then you will probably get a scripted response.This has been my personal experience.

Your certainly never going to get a response from Parrot in this thread or this web site.

We are in a very bad situation because of the virus.
But there are laws and regulations on trade in Europe.
I'll send a formal letter through a lawyer and we'll see ...

Good for you I believe this is not uncommon and I believe the chances are high that Parrot as a company have something to do with it

Does anafi functionally work? If yes move on and fly. Sending back to Amazon/ebay or any source may just get you another anafi that is worse. Forget the warrenty Parrot is not very good at any support. The forum is uselful. I have went through 5 since 7/1/18 (600 flights) and just bought another rebuild on ebay. Anafi is my favorite go to drone.

Great software/hardware intigration . My DJI drones are all under DJI care and there support is good however, you pay for it. I sugested years ago that Parrot follow that model with no action .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut