Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi Error

If you are UK Contact Parrot - phone
I think they will quote you for repair don't think they charge
Than you can decide

I have the same camera initialization error. The gimbal works because it goes through the motions of initializing but then says there is something blocking it. There is not but after a minor crash there could be some tiny bend. Still it is not enough to cause any resistance whatsoever to manual gimbal motion so should not be affecting initialization yeah obviously the mechanism is very sensitive

Has anyone ever considered a software fix for this? Certainly parrot themselves could write in a software way to bypass gimbal initialization or to except a faulty initialization. This would solve the problem for many people.

Alternately does anyone on this forum write code?
Willing to take a stab at a standalone patch?

right now I have $2000 Anafi thermal that’s just a pile of junk without the gimbal so I’d be willing to pay $100 or $200 for such a patch

I have the same camera initialization error. The gimbal works because it goes through the motions of initializing but then says there is something blocking it. There is not but after a minor crash there could be some tiny bend. Still it is not enough to cause any resistance whatsoever to manual gimbal motion so should not be affecting initialization yeah obviously the mechanism is very sensitive

Has anyone ever considered a software fix for this? Certainly parrot themselves could write in a software way to bypass gimbal initialization or to except a faulty initialization. This would solve the problem for many people.

right now I have $2000 Anafi thermal that’s just a pile of junk without the gimbal so I’d be willing to pay $100 or $200 for such a patch
My 'manufacturer refurbished' Anafi has no physical damage and the gimbal is free to rotate about the 2 axes but the app always complains about something is blocking the camera. Sometimes the error message went away and I had the chance to start calibrating the camera (camera calibration is not available when there is camera error). Unfortunately, the calibration would never finish and the camera error would come back. Parrot, you have many unhappy customers!

My 'manufacturer refurbished' Anafi has no physical damage ..............
. Parrot, you have many unhappy customers!
If you did not buy the Anafi from Parrot direct how do you know that it was 'manufactuer refurbished' and not just a seller trying to sell second hand damaged goods and blaming Parrot when it doesn't work.

Its the bought S/H that is the problem
If seller says it is Manufactuere refurbished he will have a receipt - Parrot are ver strict about this so
You should be able to return it as faulty
But when was it refurbished. In UK as a private seller you are responsible for giving accurate info and if you lie you can be prosecuted

I used to write software for Microsoft Mobile
and have access to the programme but changing the code could have dire effects crashing the drone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood