Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi Error

Richardjjs

Reaction score
I am just about to purchase a faulty Anafi Drone
The message is
"It connects but on the app, an error message appears which states ‘check nothing is blocking the camera and restart drone’ and doesn’t allow you to go any further."
I have seen the Parrot video and believe I can strip the drone down
Cant find how to do a factory reset (Is it the same as Bebob 2
Supposed not to have crashed
Any ideas please - I am in the UK what do Parrot charge for a service
Will contact Parrot tomorrow

Last edited:
fix: you need to tap on your usb charger twice, and plug/unplug it 3 times while on one knee, then go to drone take out battery from the drone and stick entire battery with a piece of clear tape to the bottom of the drone's
(any brand will do) tail area, you had it on backwards! Last step is to tap each of the 4 legs lightly once. That should solve your issues.

• Haha
Reactions: Will-I-Am
fix: you need to tap on your usb charger twice, and plug/unplug it 3 times while on one knee, then go to drone take out battery from the drone and stick entire battery with a piece of clear tape to the bottom of the drone's
(any brand will do) tail area, you had it on backwards! Last step is to tap each of the 4 legs lightly once. That should solve your issues.
While sticking your finger up your I suppose
Funny but not much help

You do realise that the blocked camera error or any other gimbal error will not cause the Anafi to NOT fly.

There are probably many more errors or faults with that Anafi which the seller is not disclosing.

@Richardjjs . Do you know the history of the Anafi and whether it has been crashed. A bent gimbal arm can cause a camera initialisation failure and it is almost impossible to solve. If you replace the whole gimbal the Anafi main board will not recognise it.

Reactions: Richardjjs
Have been told its nor been crashed so if it has I can get my money back.
How would you replace it if it is bent and have you any idea how much Parrot charge for a repair
Thanks

No body has, as far as I know, been able to straighten the gimbal arm as it is aluminium and work hardens. I would have thought that for the price you have paid plus the cost of Parrot repairing it, if they will, you could have bought a brand new Anafi.

Thanks
Cant get anybody to give me an idea of any repairs at all
Ive offered 200.00 Its supposed not to have crashed so I don't know if its bent
They will repair it but cant get any idea of a cost
A new one is 500UKP Cheapest from Switzerland
Its got a 14 day return so I should not have a problem
Guy at Parrot recons it might just need a reset!

That error could mean a lot of things, from a simple fix to no fix at all. Simple would be a loose cable connection or straightening out the gimbal mount which if its never been crash is unlikely. If on of the servo motors for the gimbal is faulty you might as well use it for parts :)

Mt real problem is that I cant get prices for anything
How much is a gimbal motor]
THink I will give it a go if its 200.00 UKP
Could I sell the Skycontroller for say 150.00 UKP
Thanks

Mt real problem is that I cant get prices for anything
How much is a gimbal motor]
THink I will give it a go if its 200.00 UKP
Could I sell the Skycontroller for say 150.00 UKP
Thanks
You can't get prices because there are no spares /repair for the anafi, period. The only spares you will find are from people selling bits off a duff unit.

Can't see much of a market for a sky controller, they are the bit people have left behind when crashing/losing the drone!, and they don't seem to have any real issues so I'd be surprised if you could get 150ukp for it.

You can reset from software settings all tabs have a reset if you scroll down to bottom you can also reset the drone from the anafi just hold the battery button down for 10 seconds or so when you see the leds turn red let loose
The drone can also be rest from software clik on icon of drone and look at the bottom of left hand side you will see reset

I doubt that this will help I have had 3 failed gimbals on the anafi requiring exchange of drone by Parrot

Good luck

You are correct the Anafi is no where close to BB2 from strenght however it has great software and video for the price

Does the Camera housing( color white) hit anything when you tilt the camera 90° up or down?

I am just about to purchase a faulty Anafi Drone
The message is
"It connects but on the app, an error message appears which states ‘check nothing is blocking the camera and restart drone’ and doesn’t allow you to go any further."
I have seen the Parrot video and believe I can strip the drone down
Cant find how to do a factory reset (Is it the same as Bebob 2
Supposed not to have crashed
Any ideas please - I am in the UK what do Parrot charge for a service
Will contact Parrot tomorrow
I bought a manufacturer refurbished Anafi that came with the same camera error message out of the box. Parrot would not exchange it and does not offer any repair service. I am eager to figure out a solution and hope you did not buy the sick Anafi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh