Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi question (damaged gimbal)

makarand

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a question about Anafi Thermal drone with damaged Gimbal. The question is a general drone related question actually. I am very new to drones and so wanted to know some basics of fixing a camera orientation and ability to fly that way.
The drone I have has a damaged gimbal because of which the camera cannot rotate all around as it gets obstructed by the out of alignment gimbal. My application is such that I dont really need to tilt the camera at all. If the camera is always pointing directly downward all the time, I am fine with it. So if I am able to get the camera to point downward and then somehow tape it in place, is that something that can be done and can the drone be flown that way without any issues? I am attaching pictures of the damaged gimbal. I will manually get the camera in a position I want it and then can seal it in place with use of tapes. After that, while flying the drone, I will simply not touch the camera joystick.
anafi2.jpeg
Please let me know if this will work or it is going to cause some motor current surge etc. I am attaching some images of the drone.
regards,
Makarand

I don't think anyone has a Thermal or FPV version and that actively visits these forums. Not to say people are not flying them out there and since no RID compliance on them, dwindling numbers I can imagine.

Hello all,
I have a question about Anafi Thermal drone with damaged Gimbal. The question is a general drone related question actually. I am very new to drones and so wanted to know some basics of fixing a camera orientation and ability to fly that way.
The drone I have has a damaged gimbal because of which the camera cannot rotate all around as it gets obstructed by the out of alignment gimbal. My application is such that I dont really need to tilt the camera at all. If the camera is always pointing directly downward all the time, I am fine with it. So if I am able to get the camera to point downward and then somehow tape it in place, is that something that can be done and can the drone be flown that way without any issues? I am attaching pictures of the damaged gimbal. I will manually get the camera in a position I want it and then can seal it in place with use of tapes. After that, while flying the drone, I will simply not touch the camera joystick.
View attachment 6335
Please let me know if this will work or it is going to cause some motor current surge etc. I am attaching some images of the drone.
regards,
Makarand
hi,connect your anafi and controller ,in freeflight 6 go to settings and set camera horizon to ”dynamic “,now tape camera in any position you want(down,up,center,45* angle,up to you….

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpeg
    IMG_0204.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: jaja6009

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320