Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi Slow Motion

LT Black

Reaction score
Just filmed a video in slow motion (0.5) for the first time and to say the quality is awful is been extremely pilot, I doubt even the best post-processors in the world could fix it. I was filming traffic for a project and needed slow-motion footage, is there something glaringly obvious I should be doing??

Yesterday I used hyper-lapse, for the first time and really should of read the forum first, as Anafi seem inept at explaining things like viewing a hyper-lapse on desktop to its customers. Seriously, what is wrong with them??

Now I have started using the Anafi more I am really seeing the limitations of its tiny camera and parrots lack of support or communication

Just filmed a video in slow motion (0.5) for the first time and to say the quality is awful is been extremely pilot, I doubt even the best post-processors in the world could fix it. I was filming traffic for a project and needed slow-motion footage, is there something glaringly obvious I should be doing??
I think there is somethng wrong...Check out my video link below ...There is hyperlapse content at the end...If you need more hyperlapse video, let me know

Reactions: derelekt1

Yesterday I used hyper-lapse, for the first time and really should of read the forum first, as Anafi seem inept at explaining things like viewing a hyper-lapse on desktop to its customers. Seriously, what is wrong with them??

Now I have started using the Anafi more I am really seeing the limitations of its tiny camera and parrots lack of support or communication
1. If you buy a drone, read up on what it can and cannot do
2. Before you use a recording mode in a live mission, you take a test shot
3. Slow down is not the same as hyperlapse mode. Slow motion manipulates the frame rate of the moving image, while hyperlapse takes photos at preset intervals and stitches them together into a video.
3. The higher the frame rate the better the quality of the slow motion. Anafi supports a maximum of 30fps, but with today's editing software (Edius, Davinci resolve) you can create very fine slow motion by setting optical flow.
4. All devices (even DJI ! (I have an osmo pocket, I tried it) achieves slowdown by reading the sensor faster (120-240 fps). To get this fast readout speed, you need to reduce the size of the readout area, i.e. the resolution ! Hence the poor quality.
5. If you are not aware of all this, it is not Parrot's fault. Video is a profession. Drones for video should be bought by someone who is aware of them. Otherwise they just play too expensive

Reactions: D_The_Producer
1. If you buy a drone, read up on what it can and cannot do
2. Before you use a recording mode in a live mission, you take a test shot
3. Slow down is not the same as hyperlapse mode. Slow motion manipulates the frame rate of the moving image, while hyperlapse takes photos at preset intervals and stitches them together into a video.
3. The higher the frame rate the better the quality of the slow motion. Anafi supports a maximum of 30fps, but with today's editing software (Edius, Davinci resolve) you can create very fine slow motion by setting optical flow.
4. All devices (even DJI ! (I have an osmo pocket, I tried it) achieves slowdown by reading the sensor faster (120-240 fps). To get this fast readout speed, you need to reduce the size of the readout area, i.e. the resolution ! Hence the poor quality.
5. If you are not aware of all this, it is not Parrot's fault. Video is a profession. Drones for video should be bought by someone who is aware of them. Otherwise they just play too expensive
why are you telling me "slow down" is not the same as hyperlapse??? did you even read or understand what I wrote. I doubt it. Where did I say they are the same thing.

video is not a profession for everybody at all, for some it's just a hobby!! and the anafi is not a "professional drone" by any stretch of the imagination.

Nowhere, does parrot explain how to use the hyper-lapse mode and then view the corresponding footage on a pc.

Yes the test shot looks reasonable on a tiny mobile phone screen, I did not take a monitor with me to view how it would actually look.

All you had to say is, it would be better to record in 4k and achieve the desired effect using a video editor or better still point me to where parrot says this in their user guide or manual!! Instead of been condescending

It looks like automated flights. You can create them on your computer with this amazing website: Flight plan for Parrot Anafi
Yes, that's correct. Parrot Anafi is superlative when it comes to Automated Flight missions. DJI cannot reach be as far as Parrot on automated Flight missions . However I don't know about the recent DJI products.

Yes, that's correct. Parrot Anafi is superlative when it comes to Automated Flight missions. DJI cannot reach be as far as Parrot on automated Flight missions . However I don't know about the recent DJI products.
Yeah, I love doing automated flights in the Anafi!!!! 😎

I have to agree with this 100%. Today I designed a Flight Mission on both my Anafi and then my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced. The Anafi flew the mission very smoothly, almost elegantly. The Mavic was a tilting, jerky mess in comparison. It was day and night.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood