Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi Thermal 1.6.5 falls from the sky

hunter22

Reaction score
Hi! This is my first post in this forum.

It is with great sadness that my parrot anafi thermal, 1.6.5 fell from the sky today. I just got the thermal recently, flew it for a few times the last one week. Had it's first flight this week. 20 mins in, the feed on my phone wobbled and the drone crashed.

My gimbal is damaged, so is my heart </3 I wish I had knew about this forum earlier :(

It is with great sadness that my parrot anafi thermal, 1.6.5 fell from the sky today. I just got the thermal recently, flew it for a few times the last one week. Had it's first flight this week. 20 mins in, the feed on my phone wobbled and the drone crashed.

My gimbal is damaged, so is my heart </3 I wish I had knew about this forum earlier :(
Not only Thermal Anafi, but also plain Anafi are falling from the sky. This is due to a bug in 1.6.5 firmware and was recognized by Parrot:
ANAFI 1.6.7
Regarding the stability issued that some users experienced with drone version 1.6.5, we did our utmost to deploy quickly version 1.6.7. It ensures our users stability and safety in their flights.

Battery firmware update is not supported in version 1.6.7, but it will be available again soon. This functionality is not linked to any issues encountered on version 1.6.5, you can use updated batteries to fly without any risk.

There trying to lock the Anafi's in CE , with a modified Batterie firmware . Now the Batteries has limited voltage to limite range, and somewhere in the process , the motors have a limited power too , with the limited power it wobble's and shuts down the safety kicks in ,

My theory ...

The letters CE means that the product meets the European Union's safety standards and other requirements for sale and FCC means the product meets the standards of the Federal Communications Commission.
@charleslee likes to come up with conspiracy theories as to why Parrot is screwing with the firmware. None of which has been proven so far LOL

The letters CE means that the product meets the European Union's safety standards and other requirements for sale and FCC means the product meets the standards of the Federal Communications Commission.
@charleslee likes to come up with conspiracy theories as to why Parrot is screwing with the firmware. None of which has been proven so far LOL

True :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Last edited:
Thanks for explaining what is CE and FCC! I am from Asia, does it make a difference whether CE or FCC?

Thanks for explaining what is CE and FCC! I am from Asia, does it make a difference whether CE or FCC?
Depends on which country not the region. Do you have a Ministry of Information and Communications in your country? You should be able to find that info there. Looking at where your IP is coming from I would think you would be CE but I cannot say for sure.

Oh shees....I am getting my brand new thermal coming Sunday .... I am unable to stop the transaction !! ..:)))

it should be fine! I've been using my thermal on 1.6.8 for a few weeks. so far no issues, fingers crossed!
Please can you advice are you using iphone or android Also what are your fw version on each device.
thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut