Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot ANAFI Thermal - The ultra-compact thermal drone

The French drone maker, Parrot launches the ANAFI Thermal, a light-weight and very compact drone with an integrated FLIR thermal camera aimed at professional drone pilots. This new drone is launched as an all in one package, which includes the drone, the thermal sensor, and the software. The ANAFI Thermal, three batteries, and a shoulder bag will retail for $1,900 USD and will be available at authorized retailers starting next month. The ANAFI Thermal competes head-on with the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual as it offers the same resolution (160 x 120) FLIR thermal sensor but at a lower price ($1,900 instead of $2,699 for the Enterprise Dual).

The ANAFI Thermal is aimed at professional drone pilots
French drone maker Parrot clearly aims at professional drone pilots and commercial drone operators with their new ANAFI Thermal.
Parrot says that the ANAFI Thermal is especially suitable for building professionals, civil security services (i.e. police departments, firemen and search and rescue personnel), energy suppliers and transporters and wildlife protection services.
The ANAFI Thermal comes as a turn-key solution as it provides the drone, a FLIR sensor with a resolution of 160 x 120, three batteries and a shoulder bag.

That’s a little expensive for general purpose users, but I understand is directed to the ‘pro’ market.
...unless you have lost your giraffe in the jungle of course...

• Haha
Reactions: Big Lez maate
While many of the commercial applications for this drone won't be of interest to many consumers it does provide some indication that Parrot is going to continue to support the Anafi platform. This runs counter to the thread regarding the statement on the B&H website that the Anafi batteries were being discontinued.

I have pending job that really could use this. How do I get a beta tester? Maybe I’m calling Parrot...This is solution I’ve been looking for and I bet DJI is about to try to crush it. The recreational market is saturated and 107 certified inspection pilots will be able to fly and grow the enterprise model so it makes sense that Parrot announced this release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Steve Carr
There are already beta-testers that just received today their Anafi Thermal.
One of them has already made an unboxing video :

Same battery
Almost same drone as Anafi (a little shorter)
Same FF6 App for both drones
Not the same arms and feet
A little lighter...

Nice...I was a beta for the Anafi so it can’t hurt to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Steve Carr
It's got the advantage of being light again, but I would be hard pressed to spend that amount on a flimsy anafi...

Finally, Parrot gently resurges the Albris Sensefly drone which possessed a 180-degree gimbal, a high-quality RGB sensor and a thermal solution.
The difference ? The Albris costed almost €21000 (36MP - light but very bulky and full of obstacle sensors...).
Anafi thermal is rather a good solution offered to commercial market.

Last edited:
Technical data say, that the thermal sensor has a resolution of 160x120 pixel and the output image (JPEG) has a resolution of 3264x2448 pixel. Is that true?
Is it possible to make 416 pixel out of 1? :unsure:

Technical data say, that the thermal sensor has a resolution of 160x120 pixel and the output image (JPEG) has a resolution of 3264x2448 pixel. Is that true?
Is it possible to make 416 pixel out of 1? :unsure:
I suppose that the 2 cameras of the ANAFI thermal drone capture simultaneously the visible and the invisible. Their images are merged by the FreeFlight 6 application to obtain an extrapolated image of greater importance than thermal imaging alone (160x120). I guess it is a software adjustment of processing images to do so...

I suppose that the 2 cameras of the ANAFI thermal drone capture simultaneously the visible and the invisible. Their images are merged by the FreeFlight 6 application to obtain an extrapolated image of greater importance than thermal imaging alone (160x120). I guess it is a software adjustment of processing images to do so...
Bebop Thermal have the 160x120 thermal camera to deal with a 14MP visible camera (it seems to be worse for the recent DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual with "only" a 12MP camera... for much more expansive and probably without the pack proposed by Parrot for €1900 : 3 batteries, shoulder bag...).

Last edited:
Uh, that didn't look like a RTH landing! :oops:

But very cool footage, especially the one where the drone picked up IR signature where the visual could barely register it.

Note:
Without Android 7 or higher using the Anafi Thermal you will not see the Thermal Camera or it's controls in FF6 App.

While many of the commercial applications for this drone won't be of interest to many consumers it does provide some indication that Parrot is going to continue to support the Anafi platform. This runs counter to the thread regarding the statement on the B&H website that the Anafi batteries were being discontinued.
Not sure if this will help you but we are the official distributor of Parrot products here in Western Canada and soon to be Canada. We have been selling Parrot and senseFly UAV solutions for quite some time now and finally have access to repair parts and batteries. if you're not from Canada I can try and find out who else sells Parrot where you're from

Reactions: dmbrody and pmh1nic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
falcon_up