Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PARROT ANAFI USA REVIEW:

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score

Reactions: jaja6009
A good honest review that agrees pretty much with others I have read including a member here who rented one.

There's a lot to like as well as there being a lot to wish for improvement.

They really have to be joking though with the controller that comes with the civilian model. At least the military version has a "Smart Controller" and hopefully a different transmission system and frequencies as the new USA seems to suffer from the same short range as current Anafis. For me this doesn't matter as the drone is so small you have to keep it close to keep it legal.

Out of the Blue sUAS though I still like the Vesper and Skydio X2 better and still need to read a review on the Golden Eagle and Ion M440.

I just read that Parrot scored a contract with the French military so hopefully they do well with it, as maybe then they can release a civilian model of this drone minus the thermal or even with just a higher end RGB camera. I don't think it will happen but even after my Anafi problems I still have a soft spot for it and I still have the most flight time on Anafi frames.

Reactions: Frank Candor
Yes I agree the RC should have been upgraded with better signal strength even if you would not need it to stay legal. Some kind of all-in-one smart controller. When you pay over 7 thousand dollars you expect quality and the Anafi RC is a joke in that respect. Skydio uses the same remote and people give the same reviews about it being a toy RC. I'm afraid the competition will win out over Parrot for the Enterprise drones for the consumer while the Army contracts might just keep Parrot alive but we as consumers will suffer.

Reactions: Frank Candor
I am still waiting for a video review that puts Anafi USA through its paces..... high winds, lots of cinematic footage, hover etc..... the couple of ones on Youtube now put me to sleep as they are aimed toward enterprise.

Probably just a dream but I would really like to see a single camera consumer model.... I just don't know how Parrot would get the price to something that we would actually buy..... My guess is that they could give this to us a the right price but it would expose the fact that the current Anafi USA isn't really worth what they are charging.

And the range is ridiculous for 2021, some of the cheap drones are touting 8k ranges now. We need this for better flight quality. Low signal warnings are annoying.

Di you check out the Youtube review from Steel City Drones? They are more enterprise focused but they did fly in some bad weather and played with the zoom and thermal. But they did not really show too much of the RGB camera if I remember right.

I think that with the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced being priced at mid $6K, this drone has some really stiff competition and its current $7K price tag is way too much. Maybe if the $7 K came with the military "smart controller" with extended range it would be more justifiable. Using the current controller on this bird is just plain embarrassing.

But it does have some good points:

IP rating
Gimbal from zenith to nadir
Compatibility with a lot of software
Fast Deploy
Unobtrusive size and noise level
Better battery charging options

But out of all of the Blue sUAS competitors so far I would pick 2 others over this, with still nothing known about 2 further ones.

But I still got a tiny bit of Anafi fanboy in me and I do hope it does well.

Guys this IS the 2018 anafi, the image sensor and optical capabilities outside the zoom are 100% the same.

people asking for a consumer version, it already exists and was released 2+ years ago

Guys this IS the 2018 anafi, the image sensor and optical capabilities outside the zoom are 100% the same.

people asking for a consumer version, it already exists and was released 2+ years ago
I realize that Anafi USA employs much of the same technology but we can dream of an Anafi 2.0 with larger size, flight time, range, better camera, sensors, water resistance etc...... that's why we have to hope that Anafi USA is successful so that the R & D will be there for the next consumer model to gain features on trickle down.

what if there is no next consumer models and Anafi reach end of life production?
Well then we just move on ..... plenty of other choices, I just like my Anafi and its software.The low number of posts on this board tells me that we may be headed in that direction. I am hoarding some extra parts and we will eventually have to work out how to rejuvenate the batteries.... seems to be a couple of folks on the board already sourcing the cells.

I realize that Anafi USA employs much of the same technology but we can dream of an Anafi 2.0 with larger size, flight time, range, better camera, sensors, water resistance etc...... that's why we have to hope that Anafi USA is successful so that the R & D will be there for the next consumer model to gain features on trickle down.

I understand that sentiment but I don’t think it would be likely. But it sure would be nice!

Nice Design . Interesting product my concern is how will this item be supported. I am still avid Parrot user however, to spent 7k
with some of there support problems would be a real challenge. My last purchase of a 3200 Bluegrass that didnot work out of
box has left a bad taste. (and it took 8 weeks for Parrot to respond)

I still use my Anafi (number 5) all the time great integartion of software and hardware especially FlightPlan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame