Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Bebop 2 Video Stabilization/Camera Reset?

StarGazer

Reaction score
Hi Everyone...

While I was trying to fix the focus on my bebop2 camera I did boot it up, but the camera was not fitted on the frame only connected facing down.

Since then I only have black screen/no video
I tested bebop2camera on bebop1 and works just fine
and bebop1 camera on bebop2=black screen/no video
SkyController hdmi out same problem...

Maybe has to do something with video Stabilization...

I did so many resets/calibration and even downgrade with no results yet...

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thank You

Hi. Is the bebop 1 camera tested and working? If yes, be sure that ribbon cable is correctly attached to the pins. You must have the GPS board in place and connected. Then hard reset the drone and after initialisation the camera will work. Keen to hear your news.

Yes bebop 1 camera works fine on bebop1 drone
Ribbon cable secured with screws
GPS board give an errors while doing the diagnostic - v in telnet terminal

Attachments

• DSC_0229.JPG
    DSC_0229.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 14
Camera sends the signal only when you are wifi connected, but I know that when GPS is not working wifi does not work too. Dont ask me the reason, but it happens so. So your problem maybe GPS board or antenna. Do you see that it locks satellites? If not try to clean corrosion or dirts with a soft material and some pharmaceutical alcohol. Do the above and monitor through the Freeflight Pro app. See you then.

3 issues may need attention:
1. Uncover the camera (just a joke!)
2. Digital image sensor out of order (see your check picture)
3. Problems with ribbon cable pins

Taking a strong magnifying glass to examine the camera ports It appears that one two and three are like slightly pushed in or something they're not as even as the rest of them so I think that might be it but I can't really get a good eye on the antennas for the port right there. I think I might have to try to reassemble it and see if I can take it for a quick test drive cuz it will fly but I haven't seen to see if It will record video telling me that it's the video feeding not the antenna. what do you think Good plan?

Hi everybody,
I'm new on this forum.
I have exactly the same problem on a Bebop 2 drone that I get from a friend to try to repair it.
I've checked many things and nothing has changed, still having black screen.
Did you solve the problem on your side?
I don't have any other spare parts to check if it could be the camera or not for example.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for your help :)
Jonathan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut