Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Customer Service trustworthy? / Couple new remote?

OBjuan

Reaction score
Greetings, I'm wondering about other peoples experiences with Parrot Customer Service?

The remote for my Anafi stopped turning on, powers up green light, but blue light wont come on and phone doesn't see remote. In theory Parrot says they will replace my remote, which is cool I guess (they should, I couldn't have used it more than 10 hours) - but at this point it is more than 2 weeks since I first contacted them, at least the 3rd time they have asked me for the same information I have already provided them with, and the 5th or 6th time I've been lead to believe or directly promised the next step will happen tomorrow, and then nothing happens. All in all they have pretty much sucked every step of the way.

Presuming they ever actually get me the forms and/or shipping labels, the current story is I am supposed to send them my broken remote AND drone (which seems to work fine) - and they will send me a new one. At this point I am fairly reluctant to send them my functioning drone, and wait for who knows how long for them to get me my gear, assuming they ever will...

Thoughts?

All this leads to my next question. Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new remote instead? Is it even possible to get just a remote (not exactly finding an Anafi remote in a brief google search) and if I could get one, will my drone talk to it, or are they coupled to the remote they shipped with?

Ideas and advice appreciated.

This is all a real bummer cause I was really digging my Anafi (especially it's ability to look up) and my remote crapped out right about the time there were a bunch of awesome blossoming trees to film, which have since moved on. I'm afraid I'll likely see and miss other quality filming opportunties before this is all dealt with...

If you are phoning them, which you should be anyways as emails seem to go unanswered for weeks I am guessing you are getting a new customer service person each time. At least this was the experience I had with my 3 .5 month ordeal with them. Sending out Shipping labels and a RMA number should have happened the very same day they said they would replace your Anafi. Next time you call demand to speak to the supervisor and he or she will call you back in a day or two. They will not give you a set time but I found they do call.
As for getting a remote you might ask for one on here as some have just parts left to sell off. I have seen them on ebay but not to many times.
Good luck. I like my Anafi but Parrots CS sucks big time.

Thanks for the thoughts Agustine. They did get you what you wanted, after 3.5 months? Much to my surprise, they did send me an RMA and shipping labels shortly after I posted this ( a mere 15 days after they had all the information they needed) - you think I'm safe to trust and go ahead and send them my drone, along with the broken remote?

Knowing that you are in the US and not in Canada that has no warranty anymore since Parrot dropped us from their list I would say Yes send it in. Once they have it they say it takes 13-14 business days to ship back. Have no idea why so long but their warehouse is a total mess and needs someone else running the shipping department.
Getting the labels is a big step forward and now its a waiting game again for shipping there and back to you.
Good luck.

Greetings, I'm wondering about other peoples experiences with Parrot Customer Service?

The remote for my Anafi stopped turning on, powers up green light, but blue light wont come on and phone doesn't see remote. In theory Parrot says they will replace my remote, which is cool I guess (they should, I couldn't have used it more than 10 hours) - but at this point it is more than 2 weeks since I first contacted them, at least the 3rd time they have asked me for the same information I have already provided them with, and the 5th or 6th time I've been lead to believe or directly promised the next step will happen tomorrow, and then nothing happens. All in all they have pretty much sucked every step of the way.

Presuming they ever actually get me the forms and/or shipping labels, the current story is I am supposed to send them my broken remote AND drone (which seems to work fine) - and they will send me a new one. At this point I am fairly reluctant to send them my functioning drone, and wait for who knows how long for them to get me my gear, assuming they ever will...

Thoughts?

All this leads to my next question. Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new remote instead? Is it even possible to get just a remote (not exactly finding an Anafi remote in a brief google search) and if I could get one, will my drone talk to it, or are they coupled to the remote they shipped with?

Ideas and advice appreciated.

This is all a real bummer cause I was really digging my Anafi (especially it's ability to look up) and my remote crapped out right about the time there were a bunch of awesome blossoming trees to film, which have since moved on. I'm afraid I'll likely see and miss other quality filming opportunties before this is all dealt with...
Hello O’Byuan,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with the controller, hopefully Parrot gets you a replacement.

If this fails, used Skycontroller 3 are very inexpensive. Under $100 bucks, that’s a pretty good deal.

Good luck, and hope all turns out well for you.

Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut