Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot DISCO - use CHUCK on other frame type - normal plane (use aeleron, rudder, height)

ucakar

Reaction score
I own 2 Parrot Discos and I have to admit that Disco is really great plane!

I ammaking our own UAV planes for more than 20 years and have never found such a good Autopilot like CHUCK.

But I am wondering if it is possible to use CHUCK Autopilot on some other frames like normal plane, which has aelerons, rudder and height?

I saw that it has a lot of connections, but I can not figure out where can be configuration modified, is there any GUI app for that?

Thanks,

Andrej

Attachments

• IMG_6718.jpeg
    IMG_6718.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Razoraerial

I ammaking our own UAV planes for more than 20 years and have never found such a good Autopilot like CHUCK.

But I am wondering if it is possible to use CHUCK Autopilot on some other frames like normal plane, which has aelerons, rudder and height?

I saw that it has a lot of connections, but I can not figure out where can be configuration modified, is there any GUI app for that?

Thanks,

Andrej
The CHUCK can be used in any plane. You need to install the Arduplane flight controller software and use a supported ground control software like Mission Planner.
See
ardupilot.org/plane/docs/common-CHUCK-overview.html

Reactions: Razoraerial

Thanks,

Andrej

Seems to be possible.

Thanks,

Andrej
You should check out UAVPAL channel on Slack
(uavpal.slack.com)

...there is a sub-forum "chuck-transplants" that is dedicated to this.

Cheers

Question
Does anyone know what type and where I can get parrot disco battery connectors? And on the battery are they male or female?
Thank you

The Disco battery has a male Xt60 connector and a standard 3S balance charger connection. You should be able to find both of these on Amazon or Ebay.

The battery connection is actually FEMALE on the battery not male, the male is in the CHUCK. No battery connector should be male , this makes it prone to short circuits.

You maybe thinking it’s male beacuse you push it inside the CHUCK connection, but it’s the brass insert that denotes wether it’s male or female. The connector has XT60H-F moulded onto its side, the F denoting it as female.

similarly the balance lead is also female.

Attachments

• 4920BB6C-67A0-45D7-B31E-13B14C8C08B2.jpeg
    4920BB6C-67A0-45D7-B31E-13B14C8C08B2.jpeg
    523.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Thanks,

Andrej
Hi from Washington. Thats a nice air-frame wing you have there. Did you custom build that or is it a kit? NICE!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut