Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Skycontroller 3 battery.

Pretty Parrot

Reaction score
Can you buy a spare battery for the Anafi 'Sky Controller 3'? I have searched the web but can't find anything about the battery. Neither on the Parrot site.

Can you buy a spare battery for the Anafi 'Sky Controller 3'? I have searched the web but can't find anything about the battery. Neither on the Parrot site.

Hey.

I just opened a Skycontroller 3 the other day. It turns out it's a round battery from a Skycontroller 2 that perhaps have been recycled (?). In fact, there is directly written Parrot skycontroller 2 on the battery. Try searching for "round battery parrot skycontroller 2" instead.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Pretty Parrot

Have tried Google the battery you are lacking without success. I can tell it is a 3.6 Volt 18650 Li-Ion cell at 2500 MAh - 500 Ma continous discharge. I am a little in doubt whether the battery has built-in safety circuit against over/under Voltage or it is without. There is a third cord on the battery that I suppose is for temperature measurement so there is probably also an NTC or PTC under the plastic wrap at the top. I can try to measure on the battery one day if you can't find an original one.

I have made a picture of the battery but as you can see, most of the writing is in Chinese.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Pretty Parrot
Thank you Landbo. I don't know why they didn't let you buy & use a back up battery. Every camera I buy, in fact everything with a battery in it I always buy a back up. Yesterday I set everything up waiting to take a video of a train & the Pilot battery failed. I thought there was more than enough to fly the drone. Had I been able to replace the battery, I would have been OK. I don't like charging partly charged batteries all the time as it's not good for them. Unfortunately as the drone is fairly new to me, I didn't want to use the 'phone only', to fly it until I am used to it.

Thank you Landbo. I don't know why they didn't let you buy & use a back up battery. Every camera I buy, in fact everything with a battery in it I always buy a back up. Yesterday I set everything up waiting to take a video of a train & the Pilot battery failed. I thought there was more than enough to fly the drone. Had I been able to replace the battery, I would have been OK. I don't like charging partly charged batteries all the time as it's not good for them. Unfortunately as the drone is fairly new to me, I didn't want to use the 'phone only', to fly it until I am used to it.

The battery in the SkyController 3 is very difficult to replace, read almost impossible. But you can buy a 5-10,000 MA powerbank and plug that in the USB-C plug on the controller while flying. The power bank will then keep the controller alive even if the controller simultaneously charges your phone.

However, do not be afraid to charge the controller fully up after you have flown as a Li-Ion battery not in the same manner as a Li-Po is damaged by having full voltage (4.2 Volt).

And personally, I always charge the batteries and controllers fully up before go flying.

Regards, Leif.

The battery in the SkyController 3 is very difficult to replace, read almost impossible. But you can buy a 5-10,000 MA powerbank and plug that in the USB-C plug on the controller while flying. The power bank will then keep the controller alive even if the controller simultaneously charges your phone.

However, do not be afraid to charge the controller fully up after you have flown as a Li-Ion battery not in the same manner as a Li-Po is damaged by having full voltage (4.2 Volt).

And personally, I always charge the batteries and controllers fully up before go flying.

Regards, Leif.
Thanks for the reply. I do have a power bank, & normally I charge every time I fly the drone. However it would be nice to be able to put in new batteries should the need arise.

I bought one from Amazon third party. Buying through Amazon makes it easy if you need to return it. The price was good. I received the battery in just over a week. Provided you have a star screwdriver it takes about 5 minutes to change the battery. I charged mine up and it works a dream.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut