Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot support.... couldn't they read or wouldn't they understood?

DeWe

Reaction score
After the second flight, I've had an interesting issue :
The end of the flight was RTH, in around 3-5m high I interrupted RTH and landing with manual control on a flight pad. So far, so good. But after landing the Anafi stopped the motors(also OK) but then I received an error of all 4 motors. It's the first time, that I've see this one. I've open a service request on the side from Parrot, because they was no reason for this kind of error.
Also I make the question (2nd issue) that I can not switch temporarily the Anafi off after flight. A short press on the power button doesn't show any reaction, a longer press (3-5 seconds) also not. Only a reset, during the Anafi is on, (30Sec press the power button) let switch the Anafi off.

If I think about the first issue, that is happening in the air, the Anafi will/could be falling down like a stone.

I received 2 times a replay from the support.. The answer was, how I could initiate an Update from the Anafi and battery. A replay from my side, that is not the issue and I've wrote in the first mail, that the battery and Anafi is on the latest SW version give me a second response, where I can download the latest SW Version to initiate the update.

Hey. if the Bird and the battery on the latest version, which update should I make?
Why the support can not answer to my question and the real issue.....
I don't know, should I write once again, that I expect an answer to my question or let the support where it is, because I couldn't not expect an expert answer?

Parrots support is a joke. It is more like a call center with people who just give you generic answers. Most do not even know anything about the product they are suppose to be supporting. If you call and talk to them I would ask your concerns be escalated to a supervisor. You might get lucky and actually get one that has some answers but I highly do not think so.

in this moment I'm in a another country (Croatia) for holidays.... and from this place don't want make international calls (roaming and into an otherwise country) . From the expected cost, I'll believe, I can buy at min. 1/2 new Ana

I would suggest until you return home from holidays you send another email asking it to be escalated to upper level support
Send them screen shots showing you are on the latest FW versions
I don't believe there is a way that we know of to download updates once they have been done
You can reset the update to its original state by performing hard reset on drone, sounds like you have already done this (30 second press on battery while it's on drone)
There is also a reset in FF6 - i have never used this feature so not clear on what it does.
It may be a good idea if you continue to fly you should have a screen recording running

I had experienced the motors shutting off once on landing, just a few inches above ground - I believe it also gave me motor errors
Another issue I have seen on several occasions after first flight is completed -
when I insert a 2nd battery cooling fan on drone starts but drone will not go thru its start up sequence - pressing battery button does nothing but flash battery lights
I literally disengage battery and reinsert and then it is fine

One other thought on not being able to turn off battery after flight
If the battery is very warm / hot it may have swelled internally affected the power button
I did have this happen when the battery magically turned on after i placed it in its case
I am careful when I store in case but what I discovered was that i could place a slight amount of pressure on battery case around power button and it would energize battery
I no longer engage batteries into drone when placing in case

Wishing you the best of luck

Thanks for replay.
Maybe the issue, that the engine stops a few cm over ground could be the reason.
In the meantime Parrot want to have the Log file (after 3rd mail for a request of an expert meaning)
The issues with the power button occurred all time temporarily up from the beginning. The battery wasn't hot and also isn't swallowed, from what I can see from outside (only around the case).
Let's look what will be the answer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davecat44