Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Password recovery

Rocky the FS

Reaction score
I can't seem to get the wifi password to work, so I tried the reset procedure. There was no txt file created with the original key. Has the reset procedure changed?

Did you follow this exactly?

1. Power ANAFI on.
2. Press the power button and keep it pressed: after approximately 8 seconds, the battery's LEDs turn on red, one after the other.
3. When the 4 LEDs are red, release the power button.
4. ANAFI reboots - a TXT file has been generated on ANAFI's microSD card, which contains ANAFI's Wi-Fi network's password; that's how you can check the hard reset has been successful.

Yes, exactly. I first let the Anafi complete its initialization. There did not seem to be any evidence of rebooting, either (camera gimbal, prop movement).

I believe the reboot part is what will generate the Text file so if it is not rebooting that would be your problem.

I just tested mine. It is all up to date. Just turning on the Anafi and let it go through its checks I then held the power button until all four LED lights lite up. As soon as the last one was lite I let go of the power button and the Anafi rebooted. The end result was a wifi_security_key.txt file. So yes it still works at least for me.

It worked this time. It's extremely sensitive to just how fast you let up on the button. I have always had trouble figuring out the password, whether it had a capital I or a capital O or a 1 and a 0. So I opened the *.txt file in an editor and changed the font to Times Roman! It's a capital I and a zero. :)

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator