Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Phone/Tablet Holder Options

VonZipper

Reaction score
I've been seeing quite a few complaints, here and there, about the size of the phone holder on the SkyController3. I'm just curious as to what products folks are using to overcome this issue.

I've seen two aftermarket products for the SC3: the DirtyJDesign and the PENIVO ANAFI Remote Controller Smartphone/Table Stent (available on Amazon for $18.95).

Does anybody have any experience with these two models? Are there any other models available?

I like the fact the DirtyJDesigns offers a kickout adpater option with a lanyard ring. I e-mailed him to see if the kickout adapter is available separately for use with a 6" or smaller smartphone purely for use with a lanyard. I'm not sure it would work without the kickout: it might get in the way of the phone? Haven't heard back from him yet to find out.

Parrot Anafi Small Tablet Adapter for 7-9

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GSXQ976/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A23UMHBJMVYXXK&psc=1

Last edited:
Reactions: Zamzara
After my first day of flying my Anafi, I wasn't real satisfied with the SC3 phone holder. I went ahead and ordered the Penivo phone holder off Amazon. I'll give my impressions of it once I get it.

Indeed, I think the SC3 phone holder must have been designed by a spy from the competition.

It is terrible and other than not being able to easily check the battery level of the controller is the worst feature of the whole drone.

Reactions: VonZipper
SC3 Tablet Lock I came up with a simple fix for the very common tablet holders available at Amazon. I have attached photos and a STL file incase you want to print it . I use the Samsung Tab S3 tablet whenever I use automation otherwise I just use my Note 5. The problem with S3 tablet is it is always falling out because of it's size which could get exspensive. The stupid thumb screws are always get lost or impoosible to get in when you need them.

This simple design lock the tablet and tablet holder in position and takes seconds to put in no screws. Just print it out and clean up the corners in the area were it inserts in controller and you are good to go. It will not hold tablet in if you turn it upside down however, you can easily rock it forward or back at a steep angle when you have to set down so it does not fall over.

Could not upload STL named JPG still no go anyone have method?

Attachments

• 20190928_154330.jpg
    20190928_154330.jpg
    758.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190928_154432.jpg
    20190928_154432.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 20
  • 20190928_154445.jpg
    20190928_154445.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 20190928_154614.jpg
    20190928_154614.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 11
  • SC3LOCK.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 1
Try zipping it up and uploading as a attachment. As long as its not to big it should upload for you. If not just upload to a google drive and add the link.

I've had this one several months and am mostly happy with it. The setup becomes very front heavy, which gets hard on the wrists and forearms, and the iPad can easily flop over and out. But, with care, I can use the iPad for flying.

Extendable holder

I have tried several adaptors for tablets on the Anafi, but my "Go to" adaptor now is the "DirtyJ Designs" tablet holder.

Quick to fit, easy to pack away, and really good quality. In addition for me, just as important, was support from the supplier, and "DirtyJ" are top notch at that.

And to keep the postage at a decent price for UK delivery, I also ordered the "Leg Protectors", "Battery Protectors", "Kicker" & "Power Block". All are superb quality, and received very quickly.

Unfortunately I have had my anafis snce 7/18 and Parrot did not have a offcial holder, Not a problem the fix I published handles the off balance issue . The way I made it you can rock it forward front heavy or back in balance so you can set down if you are calibrating.

I have tried several adaptors for tablets on the Anafi, but my "Go to" adaptor now is the "DirtyJ Designs" tablet holder.

Quick to fit, easy to pack away, and really good quality. In addition for me, just as important, was support from the supplier, and "DirtyJ" are top notch at that.

And to keep the postage at a decent price for UK delivery, I also ordered the "Leg Protectors", "Battery Protectors", "Kicker" & "Power Block". All are superb quality, and received very quickly.
Looks nice however does not work with 10" tablet

They do a 9 - 11" adaptor :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame