Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pix4D "cannot load mission in the drone" (Anafi )

Georges

Reaction score
Hello,

We are trying to troubleshoot a communication issue between Pix4D and Anafi drone, using iPhone for a field crew at a remote work site in high latitude (69 degrees latitude).

Sequence of events reported by the crew
  1. Drone flying with FreeFlight
  2. Pix4D App was opened
  3. Mission was planned and as soon as it was saved in the app we immediately connected with the drone
  4. A few lines were ran, pictures were taken system was working
  5. Battery was low on the iPhone
  6. Mission was paused
  7. Drone flew back with Freeflight
  8. Equipment was shutdown
  9. Crew returned to site on next day
  10. Drone flying with FreeFlight
  11. Tried “Resume mission”
  12. Message “cannot load mission in the drone”
  13. No success with Pix4D since then.
Crew Also tried creating new mission of various sizes & other mission saved in the drone that I made earlier that morning. This message “cannot load mission in the drone” pops up when in Pix4DCapture when it goes through the automated checklist. The drone continues to hover and does not move autonomously.

It sounds like there could be some hang up with the resume thing that either one of the programs are looking to handshake and it isn’t being completed.

The geofence is set beyond the limit of the mission, the firmware/hardware are up to date. The crew did report the system warns them of magnetic perturbations however since they system was working, I don't think that's the issue.

Any suggestions and/or ideas is welcomed.

Thank you.

Georges

Hello,

We are trying to troubleshoot a communication issue between Pix4D and Anafi drone, using iPhone for a field crew at a remote work site in high latitude (69 degrees latitude).

Sequence of events reported by the crew
  1. Drone flying with FreeFlight
  2. Pix4D App was opened
  3. Mission was planned and as soon as it was saved in the app we immediately connected with the drone
  4. A few lines were ran, pictures were taken system was working
  5. Battery was low on the iPhone
  6. Mission was paused
  7. Drone flew back with Freeflight
  8. Equipment was shutdown
  9. Crew returned to site on next day
  10. Drone flying with FreeFlight
  11. Tried “Resume mission”
  12. Message “cannot load mission in the drone”
  13. No success with Pix4D since then.
Crew Also tried creating new mission of various sizes & other mission saved in the drone that I made earlier that morning. This message “cannot load mission in the drone” pops up when in Pix4DCapture when it goes through the automated checklist. The drone continues to hover and does not move autonomously.

It sounds like there could be some hang up with the resume thing that either one of the programs are looking to handshake and it isn’t being completed.

The geofence is set beyond the limit of the mission, the firmware/hardware are up to date. The crew did report the system warns them of magnetic perturbations however since they system was working, I don't think that's the issue.

Any suggestions and/or ideas is welcomed.

Thank you.

Georges
First remove the geofence . Second open the phone GPS .

Offload the apps and clear the cache! The previous mission is still in the registry and conflicting. This is evident when new missions were still not possible.

Hello Folks,

Thank you for the replies.

I got the drone back.

After uninstalling and reinstalling the apps FreeFlight and Pix4Dcapture, the issue was resolved.

The geofence does not appear to have been the problem.

I think the issue may have been running both apps at same time, connectivity issues, “handshake” or something along that line.

Reactions: edwardfcy1970
Just to add a point : I had this problem and it seems to be cause by electromagnetic from my car. I moved a few meters away from my car and it worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar