Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pix4Dcapture Takeoff Checks fail

SkyRover1

Reaction score
Greetings. I am new to this forum. I hope you can help me solve a P4Dcapture problem. We are trying to troubleshoot some glitches using Anafi with Pix4dCapture. We ran several successful mapping missions and thought all was well, but our most recent (and most important) mission, the Pix4Dcapture preflight checklist failed and the mission would not load to the drone. I've scoured Pix4D and Parrot looking for a solution, but I've found nothing helpful so far.

I searched the forum here, and lots of good information, but I can't see anything specific to this problem.

There are the checklist failure codes we experienced:
  • Drone connection to GPS (we are connected to 21 satellites) - We cleared this one)
  • Home Point too far (we were less than 100 meters from the farthest point of the grid) - we cleared this one)
  • Mission won't load to drone - This one we cannot clear. Tried all the resets, deleted and reinstalled the apps, updated firmware, reformated memory, etc... without success.
Does anyone have experience with this error?

SkyRover,
I got your response from my initial comment but it doesn’t seem to show up anymore.

I also had a hard time finding anything on this other than the app description stating it’s incompatible with 1.6.8. But I was able to finally come across some info on the Pix4D site. See below. They suggest getting an android tablet or phone.

ac78d93503c928e3530c43feef880146.jpg

If that isn’t an option you can try GPS lapse. You can find out how to use it in the Anafi manual or with a quick google search. That is what Pix4D has the Anafi do when it’s on a mission, triggers the camera at a specified distance from the last picture. The hard part will be figuring out what that distance is depending on how high you want to fly and what front and side overlap you are after. Easiest way would be to look at your previous successful missions and just see how far the photos are spread apart and what height you flew them at. Then in the field you would need to fly a manual grid pattern while in GPS Lapse mode (image below) with the distance set similar to whatever you figured out from your other missions.

e1abb60cc589faa0dd78d0f20d431140.jpg

This is a pretty rudimentary way to map but it should work in a pinch as long as you can get the proper overlap. Flying a cross hatch pattern might be the best way to ensure that.

Hopefully the new update comes out quick because I’m sure you are not the only one in this situation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kabonksi - Thanks for this helpful information. I'm not sure why my thread disappeared from the forum, I wondered about that, too. I just discovered the same tech post on Pix4DCommunity. I was coming back to share it with you when I saw your second post.

We picked up a Samsung Galaxy tablet with Android to try it out tonight. Wish us luck, a lot of business hangs on this solution.
We will also try the GPS Lapse. We tried flying the pattern manually, but without P4DCapture, the photogrammetry software does not compensate for lense distortion sufficiently, and also we need the GPS stabilization to mitigate the distortions caused by wind buffeting the aircraft.

Thanks and Best Regards!

SkyRover,
I got your response from my initial comment but it doesn’t seem to show up anymore.

I also had a hard time finding anything on this other than the app description stating it’s incompatible with 1.6.8. But I was able to finally come across some info on the Pix4D site. See below. They suggest getting an android tablet or phone.

ac78d93503c928e3530c43feef880146.jpg

If that isn’t an option you can try GPS lapse. You can find out how to use it in the Anafi manual or with a quick google search. That is what Pix4D has the Anafi do when it’s on a mission, triggers the camera at a specified distance from the last picture. The hard part will be figuring out what that distance is depending on how high you want to fly and what front and side overlap you are after. Easiest way would be to look at your previous successful missions and just see how far the photos are spread apart and what height you flew them at. Then in the field you would need to fly a manual grid pattern while in GPS Lapse mode (image below) with the distance set similar to whatever you figured out from your other missions.

e1abb60cc589faa0dd78d0f20d431140.jpg

This is a pretty rudimentary way to map but it should work in a pinch as long as you can get the proper overlap. Flying a cross hatch pattern might be the best way to ensure that.

Hopefully the new update comes out quick because I’m sure you are not the only one in this situation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello kabonski.
We bought a new Samsung Galaxy tablet which seemed to work fine with Pix4Dcapture for the two test flights we flew this weekend. But we ran the Parrot update 1.7.3 last night.

Today we tried to refly the same inspection that got aborted last week for the P4Dcapture problem that we discussed here. Today, the Capture app repeatedly crashes when it tries to pair with the drone. Not sure what’s going on now, but I find it deeply frustrating.

Any ideas? Anyone?
Thanks.

I'm afraid we'll have to wait for a new firmware update or FF6 update, or a kind of adaptation of FF6.
As Parrot owns the Pix4D company, and everyone has the same problem, I am under the impression a change could come soon !

Hints for Parrot and Pix4D companies :
- When any of you guys change something on the firmware or softwares, could you at least try a mission with iOS and Android devices ?
- Could you be a little more complete when you mention changes on the app or the drone, the official statements do not mention anything like "GPS management change" or "Something was tricked on the Follow Me mode" and the 'battery management' ... though we think some changes were made... and have to discover them by ourselves.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut